Wiki Needs Work!

I'm not sure if that'd work out well. ANYONE can edit Wikipedia... so you'll need to start adding more and more people and stuff. I think we should just not put a Crusader Wiki link in there.

Shadowen link said:
I deleted the non-canon lines in the Silencer article.

That is all.

Did you do that as an anonymous user? I partially reverted an edit this morning, about the recruitment of Silencer's. I'm pretty sure that the part was canon, coming from either the manual or the strategy guide which has a story section which comes from Origin itself.

btw guys Just so you know, take a good look at No Mercy screenshot. I always wanted to tell you this, but always forgot. DO you see 3 new types of mechs there? any ideas or info about them?

Goku do we have any development document that has a list of enemies in no mercy? I looked through the ones I have and didn't find. Maybe you have?

ohhh yes I found the information!!! I FOUND THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW MECHS!!! YAHOOO!!!!

When the time allows me and Goku we will work on adding those new mechs to our military list. I also found some descriptions about new weapons. We will also work on this stuff ;)

The Silencer link said:
[quote author=Shadowen link=topic=145.msg1344#msg1344 date=1178610467]

That is all.

Did you do that as an anonymous user? I partially reverted an edit this morning, about the recruitment of Silencer's. I'm pretty sure that the part was canon, coming from either the manual or the strategy guide which has a story section which comes from Origin itself.
[/quote]

I know it's not in the manual.  If it's in the strategy guide, I'll see if I can find a copy somewhere (unless you do).

I have scanned some of the conceptual art for the new mechs that were to be included in No Mercy (or Crusader 2) from the No Regret strategy guide. We'll add these eventually.

Shadowen link said:
[quote author=The Silencer link=topic=145.msg1363#msg1363 date=1178629921]
[quote author=Shadowen link=topic=145.msg1344#msg1344 date=1178610467]

That is all.

[/quote]

I know it's not in the manual.  If it's in the strategy guide, I'll see if I can find a copy somewhere (unless you do).
[/quote]

Then it's in the strategy guide. I have both strategy guides and read the background stories quite a few times. I just wasn't sure if the information in the article came from the manual or the strategy guides. You might want to get a copy of them, although most of the background material was included with No Regret in the RESIST.TXT file, still the strategy guides are an interesting read. I suggest Ebay, it's where I bought mine, the No Regret was even still in wrapping.

I've been looking for quite a while now for both strategy guides but I haven't found them so far. They don't seem to be available on Ebay either. Would be nice 2 find both books there though. I live in Belgium and if I would order them from an American bookstore I would have to pay a lot of shipping costs.

Any suggestions?

eBay occasionally has the strategy guides... Amazon and Half.com also have copies quite a bit.

GTCG link said:
I've been looking for quite a while now for both strategy guides but I haven't found them so far. They don't seem to be available on Ebay either. Would be nice 2 find both books there though. I live in Belgium and if I would order them from an American bookstore I would have to pay a lot of shipping costs.

Any suggestions?

I had the strategy guides shipped from the US to the Netherlands via an Ebay seller, the shipping in both cases was about 10 USD, which is OK I guess since they were delivered really fast.

Also right now Ebay does not seem to have a strategy guide indeed, I suggest you keep trying though, look once a week if one gets added and if it offers "Buy Now", use that.

I have to state for everyone's benefit that you always won't instantly find what you want on eBay. Just give it time, and it'll eventually show up.

SO I will have to change my plans because, I was going to use no regret ending or better said, I could probably, but my storyline doesn't fit  with the sequel. My game should start after your story as a stand alone, After your game Independently. Because my title is Crusader 3 continues from the Second sequel. If you actually use som of Crusader: No Mercy I will need to change a lot of things probably. Beside this how is the number of the sevrer chat? I need it for mIRC. If you have give it to me and we can chat directly.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say there. How does conceptual sketches for Crusader 2 affect your story?

It was only a matter of time before someone would start arguing that Crusader related articles (not the main article) are not notable and thus violate WP:FICT or WP:NOTE. The Silencer article was blanked and changed it to a redirect. I reverted it for now, pointing out that blanking and redirecting without any form of discussion is drastic and that he should take it to a regular "Article for Deletion" process, but to be honest, I don't think it will stand a chance there. But keep an eye out, often AfD discussions are closed simply by counting votes and not looking at argumentation. But to be honest, I think as well that it right now doesn't satisfy notability guidelines. We'll see where it will end. In any case, the article shouldn't be just blanked and redirected, but a proper AfD should take place.

The Silencer article should probably be merged into either the main article of the list of characters.

I've been totally blowing off working on the Wikipedia pages. It takes a lot of effort to make it a good article, and I totally don't have that effort yet. :p

At least I go crazy on the Deus Ex article. :p

Yes, merging would probably be the best thing to do. But only a short description can be used. In any case, I saved the current article into a txt file so nothing will be lost and it could be eventually added to this site.

I reverted the page blanking again and suggested a merger. I don't have the time to do it now myself but I will take a look at it this week, but if anyone has some spare time, feel free to do it for me. Note, only a heavily trimmed version should be merged with the Crusader character list or you will end up with the same problem again.

Back