New Crusader Game?

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
Today, EA announced they, along with Starbreeze Studios, will be reinventing a classic EA franchise. Here is what they have to say:

EA Partners today announced that it has teamed up with Starbreeze Studios, the award-winning developers of The Darkness and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay to reinvent one of EA's most acclaimed classic franchises. The title, with the internal code name Project RedLime, is being developed for the PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360? system from Microsoft and PC.

\"EA Partners is thrilled to hand over the keys to one of EA's most acclaimed franchises to Starbreeze Studios,\" said David DeMartini, vice president and general manager of EA Partners. \"Starbreeze's pedigree is undisputed and we could not be happier to welcome them to the EA Partners family. The team is creating an incredibly innovative take on a classic property and EA Partners is poised to deliver a blockbuster launch on the global stage.\"

\"EA Partners gives independent developers like Starbreeze access to EA's unrivaled global publishing infrastructure, letting us focus our energy on what we do best - making incredible games,\" said Johan Kristiansson, CEO of Starbreeze Studios. \"We're already deep in development on Project RedLime and the team at EA is giving us the time we need to perfect our vision. We're excited to bring a new perspective and gameplay innovation to this beloved fiction.\"

Additional information about the Starbreeze project will follow in the coming months. For more information about other EA games, please visit www.electronicarts.co.uk.

Developers interested in working at Starbreeze can search available jobs at http://www.starbreeze.com

Project RedLime? Hmm... Crusader... Silencer... red suit... RedLime? Let us hope!

Source: http://kotaku.com/359134/starbreeze-teams-with-ea-to-reinvent-something

I dont know, Codenames mean nothing in most cases, and even if crusader had a good critic score, I think its not one of the most acclaimed franchises.

I'm just saying you know ^^

Sounds to me as if they are going to make a Wing commander or Privateer sequel.

Given that Starbreeze is most famous for FPS games, it could be a Crusader title. However, there's also a chance that it might be a revival of System Shock as well.

BioShock was massively overhyped. Check out Yahtzee's review of it... It's so perfect:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock

I think here will be System Shock 3. Looking at Bioshock success, EA won't lose such opportunity to make something similar to gain more money.

I do not think WC will be the next title. SpaceSims are not very popular our days unfortunately. But I also really hope it will be Crusader.

I also agree it won't be Wing Commander.  Arena didn't do so well.

System Shock 3 is a big possibly...but the Redlime thing makes me hopeful it's Crusader.

Either way, this could quite possibly be ten kinds of awesome.  Not one.  Not two.  Not four.  Ten.

Well, I think Wing Commander already got its "revival" with Arena. I'd be glad if they are going to develop a new Crusader game, but in all honesty I agree with those who think it's gonna be a System Shock game.

Besides Wing Commander System Shock is probably one of the most notable titles in Origin's closet and given Starbreeze experience with FPS games...

Concerning the Codename: "red" sure has something to do with Crusader, but "lime"? I can't think of a link with our beloved Crusader...

Berserker79 link said:
Codename: \"red\" sure has something to do with Crusader, but \"lime\"? I can't think of a link with our beloved Crusader...

The Silencer always chose the "Lime" flavor on the soda machines.

Like I said Codenames dont have to do with the game.

Like UT3 had the codename Envy. (But there everybody already knew it was about to come out  :p )

wow.....hope its a crusader game
went hunting on google to find more info and found this site looking deeper into what redlime could mean

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=8327

its weird that they mention medal of honour, cuz they recently made made MOA: Airbone in 06 or 07
but like LT.JC said they could mean anything
other sites say they are deep into development and are making major innovations in gameplay, which would make sense if the classic game was 2D.

Cyberion link said:
I think here will be System Shock 3. Looking at Bioshock success, EA won't lose such opportunity to make something similar to gain more money.

high probability and also system shock series is one of the most important/remembered classic series now owned by EA and seeing eidos go back to their famous franchises(deus ex..)

I was under the impression that the rights to System Shock 3 were complicated and owned by various companies, some of which may not even know they have a piece. Perhaps EA would just plan to deal with trouble as it comes.

there is a massive speculation that project redlime is indeed system shock 3.

i've just got to learn from wikipedia that crusader was originally intended to be 5 part series, the third titled Crusader: No Mercy. The project got cancelled because tony zurovec left origin for some other company.

crusader is one of the greatest games i've ever played in my life.. and i'd REALLY REALLY bother me if EA doesn't come up with the third installment sometime soon.

Yeah, more than likely, Project Redlime is SS3. Starbreeze is known for its FPS games... SS is FPS. And combine that with the recent success of BioShock, and EA's lust for money... it's probably that.

plz read this is important I know is another game and should be on off topic but it's a shortcut! is a game from Crusader era, a lovely 360 grade graphic environment known as Descent! It seems that interplay has also ideas to reinvent and continue with many oldies: Earthworm Jim, Descent, MDK and Death Alliance!
Descent 4!!!! 4th Sequel!!!! Amazing!!! Read this!!! let us hop EA follows that example and reinvent Crusader or their old franchise too!! How happy we would be with all these games!! :D

Back