Crusader Multiplayer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberion

Administrator
Did you ever heard about Crusader: No Survivors, which had to be the next installment in the series and be actually an online game? Well not many of you. But that's not the topic, the topic is that online game always have a multiplayer build, which is actually a separate program, which is game inside the game.

And the most neat of this is that there is working Crusader Multiplayer build, which could be used to play deathmatches up to 4 player. However it needs some work to be finished and adopted for WinXP. You also will need a licensed copy of Crusader No Remorse or No Regret in order to play this.

Here is what Jason Ely (Origin's former programmer for Ultima and Crusader Engine) has to say:
I have a multiplayer version that was created under Watcom DOS compiler and used Dos4Gw. It would be rather simple to convert to WinXp in DirectX. I'm sure the project would take a number of months to complete. I have started the conversion a few times and then something in real life always pulled me away.

We had simple 4 player (doom style) combat. You could run around with different colored silencers (8 different colors I believe) and shoot each other. The character motion was much different. In Crusader the series the creatures all walked pixel perfect. In this one the creatures skated some. This was to give a more interesting control when in the heat of battle. It needed some work of course.

The game has a built in world editor. I'm sure I could make it work in XP using No Remorse or No Regret assets. So you would have to own a copy of the game to play it... For legal reasons.

You may participate in the discussion here. Let's discuss this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back