Windows 7 64-bit and Dos Box-Fullscreen probs

Psi-Lencer

Hello guys,
I have some sort of a big problem and I hope you can help me. First, I have to say that I have a 3 weeks old Laptop and a 1 year old PC. The laptop runs with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit-edition, while my normal PC has Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Now my huge (or whatever small) problem is that I can only run games in the small screen on my laptop. When I?ll press CTRL+Enter, the screen freezes, but the game still runs in the background. I can do nothing, or at least, I can?t see anything what I am doing. The only way to play the games (I and II) is in small screen (well, you quickly get probs with your eyes when playing in an about 4x3 inch-window! Especially, when the games are smoothly running in a large fullscreen on my 32-bit-version of Windows 7! Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Hmm...it sounds like you're having problems with DirectDraw... Anyway, try changing some DOSBox options  (go START -> All Programs -> DOSBox -> Options -> DOSBox-0.7x.conf [that X is a version number]).

Under [sdl] section experiment with OUTPUT and FULLRESOLUTION values. Try different combinations (ex. OUTPUT=OPENGL and FULLRESOLUTION=1280x720, or OUTPUT=DDRAW and FULLRESOLUTION=ORIGINAL).

And I thought it was a problem with my 64bit Windows. Thanks a lot for your quick help! With the OpenGL-command I encountered the same problem, but with DDRAW it runs smoothly!

Back