Windows 7 64-bit and Dos Box-Fullscreen probs

Psi-Lencer

Hello guys,
I have some sort of a big problem and I hope you can help me. First, I have to say that I have a 3 weeks old Laptop and a 1 year old PC. The laptop runs with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit-edition, while my normal PC has Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Now my huge (or whatever small) problem is that I can only run games in the small screen on my laptop. When I?ll press CTRL+Enter, the screen freezes, but the game still runs in the background. I can do nothing, or at least, I can?t see anything what I am doing. The only way to play the games (I and II) is in small screen (well, you quickly get probs with your eyes when playing in an about 4x3 inch-window! Especially, when the games are smoothly running in a large fullscreen on my 32-bit-version of Windows 7! Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

JC Denton

Hmm...it sounds like you're having problems with DirectDraw... Anyway, try changing some DOSBox options  (go START -> All Programs -> DOSBox -> Options -> DOSBox-0.7x.conf [that X is a version number]).

Under [sdl] section experiment with OUTPUT and FULLRESOLUTION values. Try different combinations (ex. OUTPUT=OPENGL and FULLRESOLUTION=1280x720, or OUTPUT=DDRAW and FULLRESOLUTION=ORIGINAL).

Psi-Lencer

And I thought it was a problem with my 64bit Windows. Thanks a lot for your quick help! With the OpenGL-command I encountered the same problem, but with DDRAW it runs smoothly!

Top Bottom