• No Remorse

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No Regret

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
Both Crusader games had amazing soundtracks. In my opinion, they're two of the best soundtracks ever written for video games... Which game, do you think, had a better soundtrack?

No Remorse had more of an ambient/melodic atmosphere to the music while No Regret had more of an action/hard-core sound...

I choose No Remorse. Rebel Base - A and Mission 15 are two of the coolest songs ever.

No Regret, by default. While playing you could access every track in the game, and No Regret had more.  Plus, the remix of The Traveler was a great improvement over the original.

I noticed while looking at the comments on each track, some were entitled "Misc.", so I'm guessing maybe there was some other songs written for the game. I should e-mail Necros about this.

Tough call, but I think I'll with No Regret. I especially loved Rebel Base A and B from No Remorse. From No Regret I especially liked The Traveller and Ninth Crusade (the music in the demo) and the track Space2.mod. Not sure if that was included in the game. It sounds like a remix of Mission 15 from No Remorse which also ranks high among my favourites.

i think no remorse has got the better soundtrack (and is also the better game)

btw: great site! nice to see that im not the only one who loves this game!

Dr.Doof link said:

when we started that site there were only two people. Me and Keenan. Now the community is growing step by step. There are 16 active members and 57 registered who post from time to time. I wonder what will happen later. By the end of 2007? 57 active and 500 registered? heheheh. I hope so.

I prefer No Remorse soundtrack, especially The Traveler (yeah, I prefer the original version) and Crusader Space (Mission 15)... But all are great ! :D

Cyberion link said:
[quote author=Dr.Doof link=topic=151.msg706#msg706 date=1168463320]

when we started that site there were only two people. Me and Keenan. Now the community is growing step by step. There are 16 active members and 57 registered who post from time to time. I wonder what will happen later. By the end of 2007? 57 active and 500 registered? heheheh. I hope so.
[/quote]

Hopefully we have the updated database up by then.  :p

heheh sure i'll try to do by than. Today i'll start updating some stuff and post it in the news later this evening (Moscow time).

Voted for No Remorse in the end... There are more MODs from No Remorse I like compared to those in No Regret. Basically all credit has to go to "Dimension 2012", the song that plays during No Remorse Mission 1: I still remember my first run with the game... The level appears, there's that fan noise in the background, the music starts to pound and the Silencer appears on the telepad... Seems to me that's just yesterday... :)

Other favourites from No Remorse were tune from Mission 2, The Traveler (main menu), Space (Mission 15 - never cared much for the remixed versions in No Regret) and Rebel Base C, the one with that piano sample playing also during install.

From No Regret I remember mostly "Ninth Crusade" (Mission 1), "d9" (mission 9), "Stint" and "Carnage and Mayhem". Ehehehe, I also remember writing an email to necros to find out what that "d9" stood for: he reported that sometimes he simply assigned random names to his works... :)

Yeah, Dimension 2012 for the opening level... It's unmatched in its awesomeness.

I will admit that was probably the coolest mission intro in the entire game.  Synched up perfectly.  The poor composers were probably worked overtime one day just trying to get the intro to that song to sound cool while still meeting up with the onscreen occurences.

And the first time I played, I kid you not, the drums started the exact instant I fired my pistol at the worker going for the alarm.

I voted No Regret.

Would love to get my hands on both versions (I have the games) - in a format or files so I can play them when I want to (and not just when I'm playing the game).

Anyone know what I'm talking about?  :)

Before the site went down, we had both soundtracks for download.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/3286
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/3311

There's the soundtracks in .mp3 format.

I agree that both games had an awesome soundtrack which seemed far beyond it's time becuase even today they still sound great.

I enjoyed the title theme 'The Traveller'.  I liked the fact that they remixed it in the sequel No Regret.

I also really enjoyed the theme on No Remorse Mission 1 which is also available in No Regret when you press Ctrl + M.  Fantastic music which just makes you want to keep on playing the game! :)

I think I go with No Remorse. Every music somehow just fitted right with the levels they were in. I must also say that I have never played No Regret completely with music (my first version was a ripped version and nowadays I have to play in DosBOX but my computer is a bit too slow to emulate properly) but that music, although it was nice, did not seem appropiate for each level.

My favourite music from No Regret is the remixed theme, which is my Crusader favourite, followed by the sound test, Ninth Crusade (mission one) and the Space2 song. Although these songs are my favourites I think the soundtrack of No Remorse was the better one, especially the Rebel Camp music.

That is a Decision I cant make, both had great music  :)

My favourites are Rebel base 1, Phil and Traveller remix.

And also the Credits music  :D

Dang lads,

Which game has better music,  hmzzz personally I find that no remorse has the better music :) although right at this moment I am listening to Phil from No regret hehehehe which is really a nice and relaxing song, which really belongs to the game and dang right it makes me want to play the game again eheh

The Main Menu remix is also really nice,

BOAHHH all the music is nice in the game,  like Darkened Fantasies, that music has such an awsome base in it :D  Carnage and mayham :O  awsome! hehe and Stint mannn thats such a futuristic soundtrack,  :O SHITE!!! Techno!!!  this soundtrack RULEZ!!!

:p  ok il stop all soundtracks from crusader RULE!!!

GReetingss from LORD_DrDeathhand

Best game soundtrack ever. Really :) I think my fav it's "No regret", but I don't like main menu remix sometimes. Original theme is better, I think) So I can't make a decision) P.S - I really like x-mas theme. It's so funny))
both had great music.

Back