No Regret Weapons thread. KABOOM.

Shadowen

One thing I thought was missing with both games in the weapons department...

...grenades.  Now, it's pretty tricky to do the physics coding for such things, or so I'd imagine, plus the engine really wasn't set up to have things bouncing around all over the place--witness the Silencer's jumping--but still, I think they'd have been cool.  Yeah, to a certain extent, spider bombs and spider mines were better, but spider mines had to have line of sight, and unless you're really clever, spider bombs could be taken out by almost every enemy in No Regret.

If Crusader II ever gets made, grenades would rock.  Maybe four types?  Frag, incendiary, emp, and plasma?

That, really, was the weakness of Crusader.  While the variety of weapons was amazing, the engine limitations made for a very specific type of weapons that were useable.  No sniper rifle, no grenades...there is, of course, a certain comfort in the fact that apparently the WEC thinks perforating people with bullets or burning them with lasers isn't enough ways to kill people and so have designed some really really weapon designs, but still.

I think it woulda been useless in the engine they made, but it'd be great in a new engine!

If a new engine should ever solve the limiting problems of Crusader, grenades would be fun to see... Imagine heavily shielded Enforces getting their plasma shield and energy weapons fried by an EMP grenade or setting some explosive barrels on fire with an incendiary grenade, taking out anyone post behide the barrels... :)

BTW, I don't think a sniper rifle would suit Crusader that well... I always thought Crusader settings as portraying a form of "Close Quarter Battle" a kind of fighting where I never considered sniper rifle that much useful...

To me, the Silencer is about as perfect a warrior as can be without going nuts (i.e. mystical, cyborg, nonhuman...).  Such perfection would include the ability to snipe.

I assume that they are kind of special operation units aiming at surgical strike. With outstanding combat skills, they mainly focus on stealthy, just as their name. But both games failed to illustrate that feature. Always a gunman who keeps broadcasting his presence to the enemy. Why silenced pistols or sub machine guns are absent in their combat gear?

I always wonder if those NPC quotes such as "Help, guards!" "Command, send more troops." "Command, we need backup." equals to an alarm, what the game would turn into.

Of all Crusader game missions, I think the spying business plot in No Remorse is both unique and exciting. When the first time I played this mission, right after the briefing by Colonel Ely, I thought:"Well, finally there is something more than shooting around." But that excitement was also ruined. In the Capitol Hill, you won't hold a meeting when there is a bloody shoot-out going on inside the building, will you? In the spying mission, to my horror, when some rounds were fired, people in a room got excited and walked around, stepped on a floor trap then set off an alarm. I first thought that the mission was then a completely failure according to the mission profile, but nothing happened.

If they are going to make any more games of this series, silenced weapon is a must-have feature. Or will they think of combat knife or martial arts?

And I notice the awesome effects of Di-Cor on mechs. It's possible to make some Di-Cor based weapon against mechs. Not just IMP Inhibitor for jamming.

Well, probably a Silencer is just at ease with a knife as much as a sniper rifle. Considering the structure of the missions in the games however, I still think a sniper rifle is somewhat useless when your target is always in a range of 100 mt. :)

Di-cor weapons sounds interesting, but I hope their developers will consider how awfully radioactive thay stuff is... Wouldn't like to have the Silencer killed by rads when he's reloading his mech-killer-dicor-weapon! ;)

BTW, when I play that "espionage" mission I always try to avoid getting an alarm to sound, just to keep the whole thing challenging... I know everything will work fine even if an alarm is raised, still just playing with the idea sounds more convincing to me! :)

Well, if you consider that Di-Cor is a key power source and that you can have a fusion battery...probably you do, technically, have Di-Cor powered weapons in the form of your energy weapons.

Anyway, yeah: I always thought the ideal Silencer game would be a combination of Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Comanche, Falcon 4.0...

Well, really, it wouldn't have a genre; about the only thing you could say it wouldn't be is turn-based or RPG.

Keenan Weaver link said:
I think it woulda been useless in the engine they made, but it'd be great in a new engine!
That's because the used spider bomb, it repleace at least granades, but It would be really good to include them.

What do you think about an item shield but not for energy weapons, for Grenade Launcher and the explosions, also the one who fires 3 grenades? In loosecanon difficulty the LMC guards and the enforcers don't die easly, almost non-sense, don't you think? Maybe that's the changes for the difficulty. I never had the courage of playing it in No Regret difficulty. What a coward!!!. :D :D.

Back