Unfinished and hidden maps in No Remorse

stauff

As part of reimplementing Crusader in ScummVM, I started looking at other maps (got sick of looking at the start of mission 1 all the time..)

The first thing I noticed was the secret entry points into various levels, but I think they've been mentioned here before (accessible using -warp {missionno} -egg 250).

A perhaps new discovery is that there are 2 maps, 8 and 22, in the game data which (as far as I can tell) are not accessible from the command-line or as part of the game (it only lets you warp to missions, not maps..). Thought I would share some videos of walking around them.

Map 8 appears to be an unfinished office area. There is very little except for a desk and bookshelf, but the walls are all done:

Map 22 is more like a debugging map, it has various bits of wall and fixed items using the Silencer's shape in various poses:

There are some hidden additional areas visible in some of the other game maps too, but since I'm not a real expert in the original game I'm not sure how many of them are just accessible from the main game with the right moves.

You've struck gold—all new to me. The first one is an early version of mission 9. The layout for that test map sparks wonder as to what they were all testing for. The thought of hidden stuff inaccessible via command line parameters is intriguing.
There are some hidden additional areas visible in some of the other game maps too, but since I'm not a real expert in the original game I'm not sure how many of them are just accessible from the main game with the right moves.
There are a few hidden areas that can be discovered through normal play. I haven't exhaustively used the hack mover cheat to see where boundaries truly are for each mission. The hintbook has full-color map walkthroughs for reference.

Back