No Remorse Und how dus that mek you feel, hmm?

Shadowen

So how do the survivors of the Resistance's Echo Sector detachment react to the deaths of half the personnel and the betrayal of one of their own?

Maxis: A general.  Long used to the horrors of war and the loss of subordinates.  Grieves briefly and moves on.

Ely: Likely the betrayal hurt more than the loss of Echo Base; after he was captured, he probably resigned himself to the deaths of all his people, assuming that if he, the commander, were captured, then there was little needed in the rest of the crew.

Brooks: A little unstable to begin with.  A vet, but I doubt she's ever lost so many so quickly.  Already had survivor's guilt after her parents' death, and with the Resistance becoming her family and then so many of them killed, it might be intensified (as noted in one of the last movies of No Remorse).  Also received a promotion, which she might not feel she deserves after what happened.

Silencer: Shrugs.  Eats some rare veal.

Note: I have not actually played no Remorse, but I've studied the storyline and the transcripts from the movies, and as far as I can tell, Andrews, Reaves, Cardova, and Weasel are all killed, and Vargas betrays the Resistance and gets killed by the Silencer later.

Yeah. That's probably about right. HOWEVER, when you're going through the base after it exploded, the corpse of Weasel isn't to be found. Maybe he escaped?

Or maybe he wasn't in.  Or managed to fast-talk his way into being captured, and is currently being detained...and then he makes his appearance in Crusader II, talking of a miraculous escape...but he's really the new mole...

I e-mailed Marco Perella, the actor that played Weasel about Crusader, and he said that he remembered having vinegar put on his ear so the weasel could lick it.

Once, I read all of the txt-files in the CD's FLICS-directory. In Nr. 14C, it seems that at least Jo-Jo alias Cardova survived or worse, only Wizard got killed. Has anybody seen that movie? Couln't find it in the game. :-(

Medivh link said:
Once, I read all of the txt-files in the CD's FLICS-directory. In Nr. 14C, it seems that at least Jo-Jo alias Cardova survived or worse, only Wizard got killed. Has anybody seen that movie? Couln't find it in the game. :-(

I have no 14C in my FLICS directory. It goes from 14B straight to 14D. Considering if have a "EA Classic" edition it might have been cut out since it wasn't used. What does the txt file say?

Captain! Es war Major Vargas! Sie war der Spion!
Sie hat uns eingesperrt, wollte die Basis sprengen.
Aber Zauberer, Zauberer hat uns rausgeholt.
Ich habe mich um die Blast-Pack gek??mmert. Und Zauberer...
Zauberer! Er versuchte, den Teleporter zu schlie?en...
und die r?udige Verr?terin hat ihn erschossen! Kein Colonel,
kein Zauberer... Sieht aus, als w?ren wir erledigt.

It's a german file. I try to translate it.
Captain, it's Major Vargas. She was the spy. She locked us and wanted to blow up the base. But wizard, wizard freed us. I took over the blast pack while wizard tried to seal the teleporter. The traitor shot him.
Without the Colonel, without wizard ... we're done!

When I open the 14C-clip, i hear Cardova's voice.

Thank you, my German is well enough (native), but for the rest the translation will surely help. I have never seen a German version of Crusader. Which version is the game? Does anyone know if such a clip was present on the 1.00 versions of the English release? I guess it got cut from my 1.21 version since it wasn't used. They probably had in mind to have YoYo survive and filmed the footage already only to decide to remove that part from the game and not use it. It was probably forgotten on the German release. But it's good to know that someone was supposed to survive. It was always so depressing when you teleported back to the destroyed Rebel Camp, especially when the game played the M16a song.

So when YoYo survived, maybe Weasel also was supposed to get out in time.

Thanks for sharing :)

Oh cool, where are you from?
My game's version is 1.07.
I now try the first time to update it  :D

edit: hm doesn't work.

"Checking C:\games\crusader
Found Crusader version: V1.07
Wrong version. Patch will only work with V1.01 or V1.10
Version could not be patched. EXE file error
:(

Possibly you have a wrong patch. Make sure it's the right one for your language specific version. And I'm Dutch and I hate how Germans have to translate everything. But without translation I probably would have never learned about this missing movie clip.

It's the wrong patch for the german version. but it fixed some bugs, i think. i never had the blood-patch for crusader (you know, the germans have their own Security Cartell  :D it's called "Bundespr?fstelle f?r jugendgef?hrdende Schriften" and they think, english (or ohter) original version are too bloody *narf* ), but after that patch, it works  :)
I don't like these translations too. in my opinion, a game's original version is the best version.

Back