Trying to make a master list of easter eggs and secrets

MaddoScientisto

Finding out that this series has so many secrets I never knew about lit a fire in me, too bad that most of the secrets are scattered around the web and there's very little information to be found anywhere and a lot of it is wrong too.
Stauff did some great work when he decompiled the game and found all sort of neat stuff and I learned of a lot of easter eggs through threads on this forum and youtube comments from former developers, now I'm starting to try and consolidate all the information in a single place, hoping to eventually build the definitive secrets encyclopedia of Crusader.

For now I made a Notion page you can find here with some preliminary data of all I could find. I'll be editing this by adding more detailed info, screenshots and walkthroughs until there's enough to make a more permanent page out of it, I'll probably make a GameFaqs walkthrough with all the info since it's the most centralized place I know of, but maybe I'll think about mirroring the info somewhere else too so it's not lost 10 years from now.

If you want to contribute, either with juicy gossip, secrets I haven't found or anything else you can comment on this thread or even ask for edit access to the notion page, I think you can also add comments to the notion page

I'd be glad to add a page to Echo Sector with all the findings. It seems like the best place on the internet for it.

That'd be great!
Right now I'm very light on no regret secrets, I still have to properly document that one with the demon at the ore separator but other than that I have nothing, but there's no way that's all there is

Some shape easter eggs:
* The Daemon from U8 easter egg, and a picture of Tony Zurovec are the frames of Shape 1052 of No Regret

In No Remorse:
* The picture of the devs are frames 4-6 of Shape 359
* The picture of Jely with guitar (and added mascara) are frames 3~12 of Shape 383. This is also repeated as a poster (shape 969 frame 11)
* The Lord Zurovec picture is frames 3~8 of Shape 384
* Shape 828 seems to be an unfinished floor-gun? I don't remember it ever appearing in the game at least, and it has a bunch of color issues which suggest it was never finished.

In scummvm, press F11 to open the shape viewer to see these.

Will add some other notes later.

Some shape easter eggs:
* The Daemon from U8 easter egg, and a picture of Tony Zurovec are the frames of Shape 1052 of No Regret

In No Remorse:
* The picture of the devs are frames 4-6 of Shape 359
* The picture of Jely with guitar (and added mascara) are frames 3~12 of Shape 383. This is also repeated as a poster (shape 969 frame 11)
* The Lord Zurovec picture is frames 3~8 of Shape 384
* Shape 828 seems to be an unfinished floor-gun? I don't remember it ever appearing in the game at least, and it has a bunch of color issues which suggest it was never finished.

In scummvm, press F11 to open the shape viewer to see these.

Will add some other notes later.
These are amazing, I just checked in scummvm and it seems I already documented all their locations (or I'm in process of doing it)
(by the way the ones from shape 359, which are in a level 1 secret area, do not properly show up on scummvm but the frames do appear outside the map)
Does no regret only have the Tony Zurovec picture and the demon?

I don't know if anyone ever found this but here's what I found just outside the map in the level 14 easter egg room:
DOSBox_2022-03-31_23-54-06.png
Also I finally figured how to get in the room and documented it (just had to first get caught by the camera to open the panel and then use the secret switch in the other room).
I checked out the psx version to see if the secret was in there but despite the alcove and button being there nothing opens, too bad!

I've been looking on old usenet posts and even youtube comment and found a bunch of stuff from level 7 that I need to verify, looks like there's another E shaped room in there and something else

Also I didn't see this documented: the PSX version (maybe saturn too) has this extra weapon that shows up when you use the cheat LOSR, it acts like a missile launcher without projectile and wrecks a large area in front of the player.
It may be the JL-9, one of the devs in the dev office says “have you unlocked the JL-9 yet? hehe”, I have no idea if there is a way to unlock it other than by using cheats, it was a neat discovery though
photo_2022-04-01_00-03-06.jpg

Back