THE world needs more Crusader!

Maplassie_GTR

Hey guys.

I first got my hands on a crusader game back in 1995 when I checked Crusader: No Remorse on a mate's computer. I was 13 years old at the time, and the game looked aawesome. Sometime later, my father bought me Cursader : No Regret as a gift. I played it non stop for around 2 years. LOL!

Now its 10 years later, and I dunno why I just suddenly got the urge to search up everything I can onthe Crusader Universe. I found this site, and it's awesome!

I hope I can get the game(s) working via dosbox again. I still have both my discs, so that is quite awesome. I jsut wish things did not go pearshaped and all of the supposed 5 games were released. TO me, No Regret and no remorse are 2 of the finest games ever made. ;D

ANd I really hope this thing I see called crusader: no Hope or gets realeased soon.

welcome bud!

Ya i understand how you feel, cause i feel the same ;) Crusader is Da Best! As for the No Hope: I should have more free time next year and finish modeling the rest of the rooms (5 rooms left) after this I can go on on coding (will take about 1 month with beta-testing) + some time to polish the thing up. Like manual, promo images, etc... So all in all the work is in process and this project will be brought to the final release no metter how long it will take. I can promise you that  ;D

The scream when the catch on fire and run around is priceless. Me and my brother use to laugh for hours over that... Just thinking about it brings me to a chuckle.... ;D

Toecutter link said:
The scream when the catch on fire and run around is priceless. Me and my brother use to laugh for hours over that... Just thinking about it brings me to a chuckle.... ;D
I'm a Crusader maniac, this games have 12 years old, but when I play them they're still being like new, it's almost like a classic song of Queen or ACDC or anything classical that likes you just like the first time you played it. I think It will be great a new Crusader in 3 dimensions changing the problem of playing it in DOS and making the game engine in C++ language. Better graphics and better sounds, music ( a mixture with metal and tecno style). Remaking the old 2 crusaders and making a new one in 3d dimensions or realesing two versions, One first person shooter and other in third person shooter. Also be playable in every Operating System such as Win 98, 2000, XP and Vista, Linux without using DOSBOX or buying a old pc. Im working in the same proyect and I will share with you my ideas. I have a new character called Ultraceider which is an old school silencer partner from our Captain in no regret and no remorse. I have the idea to post it in Crusader: No Pity and another title called Crusader World which him will be a General and it will be cool to add Spaceships to the game and space environment battles. Better than star wars ;).

I'm working in the proyect, If anyone wants to help me or give me some ideas. Im using 3d Game studio environment and soon I will donwload 3d Studio Max, which is the best environment to modeling and programming? If anyone knows a better program please I will thank to let me know. See ya. my email is Andres_2004_Ardito@hotmail.com

hmmmm I guess you better created the topic under Mods section. However to answer your question - there is not @better@ modelling software. Personally I prefer LightWave 3D and I think it's the best. However some people prefer Maya, some 3DMax. So it's actualy choice of preferances.

As for the game, hmm... if I were you I wouldn't do too much at once, otherwise the project will be never finished. Doing action, than doing spaceship fight requires to code 2 seperate games in one, it's a hell of a work bud.

Cyberion link said:
hmmmm I guess you better created the topic under Mods section. However to answer your question - there is not @better@ modelling software. Personally I prefer LightWave 3D and I think it's the best. However some people prefer Maya, some 3DMax. So it's actualy choice of preferances.

As for the game, hmm... if I were you I wouldn't do too much at once, otherwise the project will be never finished. Doing action, than doing spaceship fight requires to code 2 seperate games in one, it's a hell of a work bud.
Maybe...the Idea of Crusader World should be the acutal action game in 3d with the new character...the newer silencer and the commonly. And then make another game with flight simulation as a stand alone second sequel. Using them as a crew. or a Strategic game like Starcraft. I have also some friends here, they will help too they're all studying for the great proyect..

CrusaderManiac_2007 link said:
[quote author=Cyberion link=topic=127.msg1239#msg1239 date=1178349772]

Maybe...the Idea of Crusader World should be the acutal action game in 3d with the new character...the newer silencer and the commonly. And then make another game with flight simulation as a stand alone second sequel. Using them as a crew. or a Strategic game like Starcraft. I have also some friends here, they will help too they're all studying for the great proyect..
[/quote]
And What About a completely 3d game shooter???...Should I used No Mercy title? or I will have some legal problems???. It will be great. I will keep in touch and in progress I have a lot of work.

hmmm I fear that if Crusader: No Hope ever makes it to release we make encounter some legal issues. On behalf of this, I may assume that No Mercy title will encounter legal issues FOR SURE.

Cyberion link said:
hmmm I fear that if Crusader: No Hope ever makes it to release we make encounter some legal issues. On behalf of this, I may assume that No Mercy title will encounter legal issues FOR SURE.
In that case if you're worried about lega issues you may not call it Crusader: No Hope. Why don't you call it No Hope only?, in fact my own idea hasn't got ilegal issue becasue i'm going to name the characters by the game. Silencer will be Crusader and the Gold armored silencer will be Ultraceider. but the base character models will be based on it.

Back