No Remorse The Playstation version

Draygan

I've heard that the Playstation version had different graphics and very different levels... is this true?

I don't know how the playstation version is any different. I just know that the graphics are very pixelated.

The PlayStation version is quite different from the PC version. Some major differences are:

The graphics - A lot lower resolution, every is much smaller.
No cutscenes - The only cutscenes are the major plot ones, mission briefings, etc. There are no Echo Sector cutscenes.
"E-mail system" - To make up for the lost cutscenes, there is an "e-mail" system in place of where the killboard would be. Basically, there are just text transcripts of the videos with a lot of neat other new material.

Other small differences:

The last mission, where you blow up the Vigilance Platform core, is on a timer.
There's a bonus final mission where you can talk to the development team of the console version, it's pretty fun.

I recommend getting the PSX version just to see the differences.

I'm not sure, I never played the Saturn version, I bet it's the same as the PlayStation version, though. Does anyone have the Saturn version?

I have the psx version running on my psp so the pixelation is not really an issue. some of the level design in respects to the "3d" objects and the stairs and upper levels in certain maps wasnt translated correctly. you can either get stuck or jump from the ground to an upper level as a result, but its not all that bad.

i did miss the the neat fmv's and interaction with the npc's though; echo sector in the psx version was removed and replaced with a crude and simple interface where the dialogue was preserved in the form of the Silencer's e-mail box  :p

not great, but still passable. i picked it up as a last resort when i could not get my pc games to work for various reasons... im thinking about just diggin out the old Packard Bell just to play it as my attempts at emulation have all failed.

i say the pc version is better. i've never tried the psx version, but the saturn version looks better in my opinion. the screen is smaller and has a new interface for the main menu. i actually like the pc version's interface better. it takes some time to load for the saturn version game. there's a loading box there that says loading... lol. so yeah, PC is better  :)

:mask: i have both versions (psone and saturn) and i have to say that saturn version is superior to the psone even more similar to the pc, the resolution is better, the loading time is faster, the music of the level doesnt change when you pause and continue the game also the gameplay (character movement,enemy AI etc) are more faster just like the pc version, in the psone version many explosions slow the game for a moment but even so both versions are master pieces of a mayor masterpiece so try them all

Back