Talk about reverse engineering

Candy

I gave a talk about reverse engineering (and binary file formats) at CppOnSea 2022 earlier today. The talk will be online in a while and explains how to reverse engineer the CNR file formats. Hope somebody likes it. I did include the easter eggs (the photo of Eric, plus one in the level files that I think isn't widely known so far). Of course there's a major callout to echosector.com, Keenan (for keeping it running) and Stauff (for ScummVM & implementing it).

Thank you for the shout-out! Really appreciated. Very interesting talk. Hoping to hear @Jely's thoughts.

Last edited:
Very interesting presentation. I won't act like I fully understood you but with my basic information science knowledge I was able to follow you to a certain degree.

If I'd dare a guess, I'd say I detected a slight Dutch accent in your voice. In that case, Dutchies unite!

Very interesting presentation. I won't act like I fully understood you but with my basic information science knowledge I was able to follow you to a certain degree.

If I'd dare a guess, I'd say I detected a slight Dutch accent in your voice. In that case, Dutchies unite!
Yep, I'm Dutch :)

If you have specific questions just ask.

Back