Starcraft 2 engine

Shadowen

From what I've seen, the Starcraft 2 engine is ridiculously flexible.  Just for example, within the user interface of the ship, in the cantina, there's an arcade game that's an old-school shmup built entirely within the in-game engine.  It might be suitable for something like a Crusader game--with the added advantage of outside environments being simple.  I'll be taking a look at it in the near future and reporting back.

Depends on its flexibility, learning curve, and ease of integration with collaborated materials. I am personally the kind of guy that would like to build an engine from scratch. That way if something goes wrong, we know exactly what to do to fix it

That's a fair point.

As it turns out, I'm hopeless with the engine.  Lost at sea (or in space, as the case may be).

However.

I have seen a decent fanmade bit that looks like ingame from World of Warcraft--i.e., just about right for a modern third-person shooter.  So I languish in hope.

btw Shadowen, I remember your love for writing. Interested in writing something for Crusader: No Vindication? ;)

Warcraft III had a mod for a 3rd-person shooter. Something about picking a weapon class and then finding and destroying zombies and restoring power. Very fun and if I had the knowledge and tools I would see if we could extract bits and pieces from it for use.

Cyberion link said:
btw Shadowen, I remember your love for writing. Interested in writing something for Crusader: No Vindication? ;)

I wouldn't say no.  If you want me to actually come up with a story wholecloth, I'm not sure if I have the time for that.  I could take plot points and expand them into a full story or whatever.

Sure thing mate. Just popup more often. I was waiting for your reply all those days ;)

We can talk about it in the Story thread of Crunovin section. I'll create one, so you can reply.

Back