Star*Soldier Manual

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, now THIS is cool.

Wing Commander Arena, the latest addition to the legendary Wing Commander series, is keeping up the tradition of including a great in-universe manual. It contains hundreds and hundreds of references to past events in the Wing Commander universe, and clears up continuity stuff. Not only does it reference the games themselves... but the fans of the games. Upon reading this masterpiece, I noticed that I am mentioned! I'm included in a fake movie poster for "No Mercy", a movie where I star as the Silencer! What an honor it is to be included in a manual by EA!

I am mentioned on page 21 of the PDF (39 of the manual)

Now, I'm not the only reason why to look at this manual... I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend reading this great stuff!

Download it here!

From Cyberion: Just decided to add some more facts. This is news after all and it's on a frontpage of our website. The release of Wing Commander: Arena is a very great news for the fans of this game. It means that EA started to look back at its old titles, which brought glory to the company. Having the advertisement of Crusader movie, which was shot in 2701 year might be a marketing move in order to lit up the fan's feelings about Crusader Universe. This advertisement gives us clearly to understand that EA remembers Crusader title and this means that might be somewhere in the mind of EA's administration is idea of bringing back Crusader game to our monitors. Let's hope that they will make another Crusader game, there is No Mercy to them if they won't.

Also pay special attention to the list of characters in the movie. Keenan Weaver is mentioned as the first person starring in this film. This is not just that EA honors Keenan for being Crusader fan for so long time, but also it seems Keenan either plays a role of Crusader or a bad guy in that movie. Nonetheless his role is major, which means, EA remembers you and eventually that all you did and now our portal does for Crusader Universe. yahoooooo!!!!

Cool that you are mentioned, maybe they thought you did so much for the crusader community that they just had to mention you  ;D

But I wish they really would do a crusader movie  :)

heh Just was going to post this, but Goku made it first. Now we all can see that Keenan is a real movie star from 2701 year. He is fast, furious and merciless.

Usually the mentioning of such stuff means that it's a short promotion for upcoming titles. Maybe EA has in mind to renovate Crusader as they did with WingCommander. And this advertisement may wakeup the public a little bit. It's lie preluminary stage. So far we are the only stand of Crusader memory. Let keep up the good memory and be more active, let show them that we want another Crusader.

P.S. heh they didn't mention me anywhere... I guess I had to bother them a lot as Keenan did ;) Maybe they will make me as a producer of a sequel movie ;) hehehehehe

Lt.JC link said:
Cool that you are mentioned, maybe they thought you did so much for the crusader community that they just had to mention you  ;D

But I wish they really would do a crusader movie  :)

There WAS going to be a Crusader movie, but it got cancelled. I'm pretty sure I talked about it in one thread.

Let's hope EA gives Crusader another chance and pulls a C&C3!

Wow, this is definitely greatest news of the day.
It's an honor for a fan to have official acknowledgment. Congratulations, Keenan!
One more evidence to convince me that we're not alone.  

We should all e-mail EA and tell them how much we appreciate the Arena manual and more specifically the inclusion of a Crusader reference!

Why are the best movies always cancelled  :'(

We should make something like a list of people who want more crusader. Either a game of a film the main point is that its crusader  ;)

But then I think we are still not enough here to show them something big.

VERY interesting!

Well done Keenan, shows how much you've done to keep the series alive for all that remember it... you (and Cyberion of course!) should both be proud.

Now let's hope they finally decide to continue the legend of the Silencer!

**EDIT**: Anyone able to supply an email addy for EA, or the right dept? I'll gladly send one along.

Thanks guys! It feels so great!

I looked around the EA site for an e-mail address... can't seem to find one!  :mad:

This is great news indeed! I was so amazed when I read through that manual, that my first instinct was to come here and tell about it, but alas, I was too late. I will be definetely buying this once it will be available on XBLA. Just for the Crusader!

This actually got me thinking, if this proves to be a good cashcow for EA, then perhaps they may release more of these XBLA games based on the old titles? I mean, there are over 10 million potential buyers for these games, so why not?

Back