No Remorse something strange...(screenshot included)

GTCG

As I have said earlier in some other topic, i've started playing No Remorse once more again. At the moment I'm in mission 4. Thats the one where you have to destroy the monitoring station. I'm trying to find all the secrets in these levels, known or unknown so far.

Check the screenshot. My question is: What is the conveyer belt for? Seems like it leads to a piece of wall that can be opened somehow, but I can't seem to find the switch to open it? Unless it cannot be opened and the whole thing stands there for..no reason :)

Can any1 help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm I am not the one to ask for secrets because I dont know if I found some in crusader (I'm sure I have but its not like in shadow warrior that you would notice :D )

However I guess that cant be opened. Seems like decoration to me I mean if you cant find a switch..but wait for other answers ^^

I seem to recall trying to find out if that was a secret area a long time ago and found out it wasn't. I may be wrong though.

I checked the strategy guide, there is indeed a small room behind it with some goodies, that should be correct as far as my memory goes as well. I can't remember how to open it though, I also have no savegames in mission 4 or I could check for you. Keep looking around for any kind of switch, shootable or otherwise. Sometimes switches are out of sight, either in a corner and obscured by the lower wall or behind boxes. Simply hit the + button everywhere.

EDIT: Actually, according to the map there should be a regular switch next to the blown up gastank, probably obscured by it.

yeah I allready found out about that switch...All it does is change the direction of the conveyer belt, and nothing more.

That's what makes it even more weird.

Did you try riding on the conveyer to the wall? The strategy guide notes at this part "ride the conveyer to a secret area" so it's possible the door will open automatically when you ride towards it on the conveyer.

Btw, when in doubt whether something is really a secret and you have looked everywhere, you can use the hackmover to make sure there's nothing...if there appears to be something after all you know you have to look harder for switches.

Also, The Silencer, there's no need for a save game... You can just warp to the level!

Just use this command to start the game:

crusader -warp 4

It worked for me actually. The warp cheat worked this time for some reason and I walked through the level. Turning the switch indeed makes the conveyer go towards the wall. Standing on it and rolling towards it made it open. Btw, for some reason I don't have a gastank next to the turret, the switch is in plain sight for me.

Actually, even without the switch it worked for me, just walk towards it on the conveyer. Here's the room:

crusader_001.png

really strange stuff. Maybe there is something wrong wih my game or something. I will use the warp thing and see what that will do. I will keep you posted.

edit: I used the warp function. That pump thing was gone, so I could see the switch, and this time it worked... :)

The switch of the conveyor belt is unnecessary and troublesome. It will give you a hell when you exit the cellar rolling on the conveyor.

I tried warp function once. It has to be combined with the armory full(F10) cheat, for you will enter the mission with bare hands :p 

Wow this room I never knew existed, I played crusader no remorse a dozen of times and I never thought existed. I got some goodies in there!!!. ???

Dazzy link said:
The switch of the conveyor belt is unnecessary and troublesome. It will give you a hell when you exit the cellar rolling on the conveyor.

I tried warp function once. It has to be combined with the armory full(F10) cheat, for you will enter the mission with bare hands :p 

Actually hitting the switch inside the secret room stops the conveyer again, making exiting easy.

GTCG, weird that the gastank disappeared now, maybe it was a glitch while generating the level.

Cool so it is a secret!

Hmm then next time when I play the game on No Remorse difficult there will be more goods to help me on the way.
(that was one hell of a mission for me on that difficult level)

well i've got another frustrating one here. I've allready tried everything to get on the damn elevator, but nothing seems to work. There was a time I knew how I was supposed to do this, but I forgot.

It is in mission 10, the one where you need to take the shuttle to the Vig. platform. The elevator in the upper right corner can be manipulated with the switch. I never seem to make it in  time and i've tried all kinds of stuff...

Any1 can help?

You just have to run, there's nothing else you can do. It's possible the emulator slows reaction times, I never had much problem with it when I was running the game under Dos years ago.

To get minimum distance just stand beside the wall facing due west, step back until you can just reach the switch with pressing "s". Then run after using that switch, you have more than enough time. There are also a few boxes right next to the elevator, it's not difficult to jump on it with the aid of something like det-pac, in case that you're tired of running.  ;D

Back