So where does one find No Regret?

darren

I posted this in the No Regret forum, but maybe it's more appropriate here.  I found Crusader: No Remorse for DOS a few weeks ago at a Half-Price Books, of all places.  This weekend, I looked around online for No Regret and am having a hard time finding it.

Is it because of the 10 year anniversary last month?  I really enjoyed the first one, and would like to buy the second one (I know it can be "found" online,  but I like having a physical copy with all of the manuals, etc.).

If I have to, I have no problem buying this as part of a compilation of games.  I know that because it's MS-DOS only, that it's more limited than No Remorse, but still.  This was a popular game.

Thanks (and thanks for the site, very cool, answered some of my questions about No Remorse).

eBay usually has a few copies up at one time (maybe two or three). It is indeed the hardest game to find online at times, but the time will come when you will see it for sale!

My advice is to just give it time, and you'll see the perfect auction for you eventually.

Keenan Weaver link said:
eBay usually has a few copies up at one time (maybe two or three). It is indeed the hardest game to find online at times, but the time will come when you will see it for sale!

My advice is to just give it time, and you'll see the perfect auction for you eventually.

Yes, the last time I had checked ebay, there were none.  I checked this morning, and there are three, including one that is still apparently shrink-wrapped.  I feel a bit foolish, but happily I now have several options.

Sierra is republishing some of their older games with a DOS emulator, I wish EA would do this with ORIGIN titles - I see the Ultima collections going for sometimes twice as much as their original retail price.  There are a lot of overlooked OSI titles (i.e. anything that is non-Wing Commander and non-Ultima related) that are not easy to acquire.

I don't know about you, but I'd only purchase a shrink-wrapped copy for collection purposes only, not to play a game... I'd kill myself if I opened it.

Yeah, I really want to get those collections... King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest... Great games.

Keenan Weaver link said:
I don't know about you, but I'd only purchase a shrink-wrapped copy for collection purposes only, not to play a game... I'd kill myself if I opened it.

Yeah, I really want to get those collections... King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest... Great games.
  Good point, shrink-wrapped/unopened copies are probably rare.

Maybe EA's Replay thing will sell well enough, along with the Sierra collections, that they'll expand it and release some of Origin's other titles (non-WC/Ultima).  I expect an Ultima collection next year, since it's UO's 10th Anniversary and EA wouldn't miss that chance to make some money on past games.

Yeah, an Ultima Collection would be so awesome. I'd definitely get it.

Hear that, EA?!

I'd suggest you look in charity shops as well as on the net.  I've found some absoloute gems down the local oxfam or cancer research - everything from completely intact boxed sets of Doom2 on floppy (?1.50, how chuffed was I :p) to Black and White (?2.50).

In fact, various shops might have bargain bins with the game in, I know I got No Regret from BHS, of all places. Still - mostly what you find is down to luck.

If only someone had said they'd release Dosbox in the future, preferably *before* I got rid of System Shock and Ultima Underworld - and I'm sure everyone else has done the same with other old classic dos games.

Ah, the good old days. As if they can't manage to match the old classics now, eh?

Keenan Weaver link said:
Yeah, an Ultima Collection would be so awesome. I'd definitely get it.

Hear that, EA?!

Yeah, Cause I really want Ultima 8 again. I still have my original Brown Ultima 8 Manual/booklet!

Keenan Weaver link said:

Same here! 

It took me almost a year to find a copy of No Regret. I was searching and pillaging through countryside for ages before I got my paws on one of them. By the way, does anyone know how many of No Regret games were made? I mean, how many copies? And perhaps how many were sold...

I actually had it very easy ! My brother bought both games and hint books. And he still has the boxes ! I wasn't a real big crusader fan back then, but something gave me the urge to play it. Origin was a good company, they put out MANY good games ( oh by the way EXCELLENT museum site !!!! ). It's a shame EA doesn't support ANY of there older games. ( eg. Need for speed se ).

Yeah, it's unfortunate that EA doesn't support their older games as much as we would like... however, they ARE in some way. They're renewing the Command & Conquer and Wing Commander franchises. This could be good news for us. I have a contact inside EA that I could pitch a "new Crusader game" suggestion to.  :)

Oh that sounds cool. but i was saying that when a game comes out like  nhl 2007 the web site no longer has any nhl 2006 stuff. it's happened to me on a few games. or maybe  i don't look deep enough, but i don't seem to care for the web site maze . I think epic and some of the other companies do a Very good job of supporting there past games. I play ut 99 still and there master server is Still up after 8 yrs.  I remember wc 1, man that was a great game. Had to buy a sound blaster for that one. I know it's the corporate dog eat dog out there, but it just seems like EA buys companies and then kills them.

Well guys,

I can give you an awsome site where you can get almost everygame you want,  even still sealed in its wrapping.

It may not look like it :p but I am a REALLY big collector of games :p  sooooo I love a site like this one.

You can get like almost ALL or even ALL the ultima games still wrapped, and like many MANY other games,  I like recently got a NEW copy of Descent Freespace 2 Interplay 20th anniversary edition, for like almost nothing :D

First let me show you the game collection I have :D  I hope you will enjoy it :)

http://home.concepts.nl/~pc115341/Spel/7.jpg
http://home.concepts.nl/~pc115341/Spel/8.jpg
http://home.concepts.nl/~pc115341/Spel/10.jpg
http://home.concepts.nl/~pc115341/Spel/11.jpg

Ok and here is the site I am talking about.

http://gametz.com/

I hope you will enjoy it, its an awsome site.

Greetingss from LORD_DrDeathhand

from all your games, I loved the one on top with 8800 numbers on the box ROFL. Btw, good collection mate.

do you know if this site ships to Russia? (for me it's unavailable, i mean i  can't connect to it).

Cool I see you have Witchaven in your collection. I always wanted the full version of it but I think it was indexed in germany  :-/

Back