No Regret Secrets in No Regret not covered in Prima Guide

I finally started playing No Regret again after all this years. In all my years of playing I think I unconvered nearly every secret. While I play now, I have the Prima Guide with me, to double check if I really have all the secrets. To my amazement, I found one that is not covered by the strategy guide. See the screenshot below:

regret_000.png

This is mission 3. I took the secret duct to take the shortcut. This screenshot is taken right when you exit the ventliation duct.

The secret at this part is using a datapick to crack the keycard reader (it's not possible to find the matching keycard but you find a datapick as you go up the stairs). It opens the wall next to it, revealing the panel. That opens the room to the monitor behind the shot fan which in turn activates the telepad.

The Prima Guide hasn't got this listed and the panel and monitor don't show up on the maps. Using the teleporter you are teleported to the mid-section of this level where you can find a fission battery (highly useful!). Unfortunately there's no way back here. There's a telepad that can be activated, however it takes you to that room where you can't get out (a room with two teleporters, one active which always teleports to the inactive one) which means you have to start fighting your way through the whole level after all. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I decided to play Loose Cannon and I found out I'm horribly out of shape, hehe. Anyway, I thought I'd share this.

Does anyone have more secrets that are not covered in the guide? I always thought the guide was exhaustive, but apaprently they overlooked this. Which was also not mentioned is that at the start of this mission, there's a guard coming out of the elevator you exited from when you entered the level. If you are quick, you can get inside and hitch a ride to a level below with a few guards a locker.

EDIT: It appears you can return to the shortcut area after all, there's a hidden telepad next to the locker room. Thank god.

Hi, finding all this discussion has made me play again (only my 2nd time)!

Now:
...room where you can't get out (a room with two teleporters, one active which always teleports to the inactive one)...

In that room in a destroyable grated floor section, with a third teleporter underneath!

Back to your screenshot, I always feel I've failed the challenge if I use a datapick, but I never have found that keycard :)

There is? I once walked into that grate and fell to my death. Is there a specific area of the grate where I should jump in?

As for keykards, I don't think there is one, I've searched everything. I've encountered another door before where I couldn't find a keycard for. The door could be opened by a dataterminal. So I think there simply are some readers that don't have a matching keycard, possibly for red herring purposes.

I checked underneath the whole grate and you were right. Thanks for sharing, I think that may be one of the last things I have never discovered before.

There IS a keycard for this reader, though you won't get it, if only using the room with the reader as a shortcut path. Some time has passed, since I played this, so I may be mistaken, but as I remember, the keycard is in the room complex behind the red keycard door (you get to it if not using the secret duct), in a hidden room with another hidden telepad which brings you right to the telepad on your screenshot.

wub link said:
There IS a keycard for this reader, though you won't get it, if only using the room with the reader as a shortcut path. Some time has passed, since I played this, so I may be mistaken, but as I remember, the keycard is in the room complex behind the red keycard door (you get to it if not using the secret duct), in a hidden room with another hidden telepad which brings you right to the telepad on your screenshot.

I have tried this. I move along the regular path and at one point come to the red blast door with a red key card reader. On the desk with the nice lady is a key card. I grabbed that but moved along, not going through the door. I moved along and came to the stairs to level 2 (I had the entrance from the secret route opened already). There was another red key card next to the stairs. I headed to the red keycard reader in the secret area, but neither will open the door. I also search in the room complex behind the red blast door, I was unable to find a keycard or entrance to the hidden room you speak of. In fact if I remember correctly the pad that takes me to that hidden room is the pad I was talking a bout in the screenshot (for which I need the red key card).!

Never mind, I found it, it was a blue keycard. It is indeed in a hidden right next to the room where the telepad in my screenshot takes me. However, I don't know how I can access that room without coming from the other secret room (that one has a switch open the wall between the two secret teleporter rules and the main complex). Any suggestions?

Images can describe the situation better than words, hence I included some images.

This is where I want to get to WITHOUT using the datapick on the key card reader (for some reason in my last posts I thought it was red but it is blue).
regret_007.png

I can open a secret door between these two rooms and a door opening a secret door from the lower room to the hall next to that. However, I need to get into the lower room from that hall way since the blue key card is in that lower room and that key is needed to activate the telepad to get to this secret room in the first place.

In short, I need to open the secret door standing here:
regret_006.png

Anyone have any clues? It's only a minor nitpick, but if I can do things without a datapick, I prefer that.

I'm replaying No Regret and again came to this juncture. Any takers?

I solved it! In the first screenshot there's a hidden touchpad in the room above, between the blown computers. It opens the hallway door in the second screenshot. You move into the room, grab the blue key card, teleport to the telepad, use it on the keycard reader, etc. Woohoo, something that has been bugging me for over 15 years is solved :D

Found another one. This is in the final room of mission 8 (Lunar Defense Battery). In the lower SE corner is a hidden switch. This will open a secret door in the small room the north. It's behind a door with a partially obscured keypad and has a grenadier inside. The secret room behind it contains a floor safe with a LNR-81 in case you hadn't found it by now.

Attachments

• CNR M8 hidden keypad.png
    CNR M8 hidden keypad.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 3
Back