Remixed Theme Surfaces

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
Back in 2006, a top secret project was undertaken. It was a new Crusader game for the Sony PSP, developed by Outsider Development. Its title was Crusader: No Pity and was going to single-handedly revitalize our beloved series. Unfortunately, the project was canned.

I've actually known about the game since it first started development, and was given video of the game in 2007. More on that later.

But I've been pointed towards something totally new to me. Our friend Retroplayer for The Gaming Liberty received a special present from Crusader composer Andrew Sega. It was a new version of the Crusader theme for No Pity. So without further ado, the latest and most official thing Crusader related since 1997 is now unveiled.

Check out the song here.

Oh, so about the video. I uploaded it to my YouTube account. You can check it out here.

Interesting video! :)

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the track as Andrew said he loved doing it with new instruments and technology. And as I'm sure you know Andrew is an extremely nice guy. He's right up there with Mark Vittek in the awesome guy list.

Thanks!

Do you have a mp3 version of this available so I can add it to my music collection on my hard drive? I'm still dealing with the aftermath of a system crash and haven't gotten around to find and install every little program I used to have, sadly that includes tools to rip the sound as mp3 out of youtube clips.

Sure. Go to the post on our website, which is in the first post of this thread, and under the youtube video is the download link. Just RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS.

Enjoy.

That gameplay video is amazing. I can't believe it was cancelled. I would have bought a PSP just to play it.

Well I would never buy anything just for one game even if it would be crusader. If something does not come for the PC then I'm not going to waste money for a console.

Even though it looks like the gameplay wouldn't be that better from the old PS1 version (which I did not like) it was really nice to see something new from the series and I am glad that they atleast would not go too far away from the original "isometric view" of crusader.

However hearing the new theme song almost brought a tear to my eyes...it is hard to describe just hearing the theme in a new version was simply good  :)

I liked this theme.

It was definitely Crusader, but I thought it was more a song in it's own right than the No Regret theme was. I liked that theme as well but it was too similar to the original No Remorse theme to stand out on its own.

Great song! The music in Crusader has always been a key element of the game for me!  :)

Can't believe they canceled this...  :(

The theme doesn't sound as good as the original one to me, but it's still pretty good.

But the game...oh, the game! I would cry manly tears if that came out and be VERY happy that such awesomeness as Crusader was revived. Too bad it was cancelled. Curse you Electronic Arts, now I have another thing to hate you for (first one being screwing up CnC series)!

Rahsed link said:
The theme doesn't sound as good as the original one to me, but it's still pretty good.

But the game...oh, the game! I would cry manly tears if that came out and be VERY happy that such awesomeness as Crusader was revived. Too bad it was cancelled. Curse you Electronic Arts, now I have another thing to hate you for (first one being screwing up CnC series)!

+1

:)

Back