R.I.P. John Watson

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
I have been informed that Origin veteran John Watson has passed away. In case you don't know, John was a huge asset to the Ultima series, a programmer, artist, and designer for it. He also worked on several Wing Commander games, and also Crusader: No Remorse. He was credited as a Usecode programmer. In my knowledge, he is the first loss to the Crusader development team.

The Wing Commander CIC has set up a memorial for John. They are accepting memories or stories about games John worked on. You can find the memorial here.

Man.... I just read about John Watsons Death :(

I am really upset and strucken by this,  I have seen his name in the credits of many games i have played, like all the ultima 7 games, wing commander gamers, ultima 8 you name it, and never really thought much about him, or the other credits except that I always thought that those guys where awsome and that I looked up to them for being so creative, for being able to create such wonderfull pieces of art, like ultima7 The Black Gate or the Serpent Isle,  mann I have spend sooo many hours in that game just dreaming away in a world like that.

And then you hear that a guy like John has passed away,  one of the most creative guys, with an awsome spirit who did soo much for these games.

Well  :(  He will REALLY be missed,  cause creative minds like his well, we should honor and respect them.

John,  I am sorry to have never met you, It would have been awsome,  well Rest in Peace man,    I know that you are with Jesus, with God in a better place then this crap world that we live in!!!.

Back