Project Redlime Update

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
THIS JUST IN!

The secret game "Project Redlime" has been revealed.

The franchise EA and Starbreeze Studios are reviving is...

Syndicate

:(

We'll get 'em next time!

Source

Well hopefully EA doesn't screw up the franchise with being not patient enough or whatever.

But syndicate wars was a great game and I like it. If starbreeze is doing a good job then I am eager to see how this going to be and It would be interesting to see which graphic engine they will use.

*Imagines leading his agents through cyberpunk cities with todays graphics technique*  8)

ohh man Syndicate was one of my favorite games. Thx to this game I began to love computer games. Didn't like Syndicate Wars much, but still it was fun. I really hope they will make a true classic with modern graphics ;)

Okay... didn't see that one coming. I knew Syndicate and Syndicate Wars was a decent hit, but it didn't come off as a classic that left a mark on gaming like System Shock or Crusader did.

:mask:

Really? That's still excellent news though. If this project is a success, and I think we all wish for it to be, it would make a pick-up of the Crusader series more likely.

Ah, anyways there is always a next time.
Syndicate is a famous franchise, never played it but still laugh at the "And More fun than S*x" comment from PC Zone in the Syndicate Wars Trailer.

Hope they do it right and make it as kick a** as possible :D

9 Your site is very helpful. Really it is very useful!

Hello
I've just registered to say your site is very useful and nicely done!
Thank you very much for your work.

Cheers!

Sorry for offtopic.

As someone who's a dedicated fan of both these wonderful game series. I am happy to see either one of them being brought back to life. I just hope that EA won't do it's trademark shitting all over it.

Syndicate always been a more famous franchise than Crusader too, (at least in my neck of the woods) so it's not too surprising that they went with that instead.
Another of my old favorites they're bringing back is System Shock. Fingers crossed for success. I'm worried they'll make a cop out like 2k did with Bioshock though.

Just wanted to point out that although they've been keeping this project under very tight wraps, it is not cancelled -- a dev just confirmed it is not using Unreal Engine 3.

http://forum.starbreeze.com/viewtopic.php?pid=3177#p3177

So the game is alive. If it captures the spirit of the originals, a new Syndicate game could get me to finally buy a new desktop.

So yeah, it was revealed a week or two ago that they are shitting all over the Syndicate IP and making it an FPS. Thank you EA. You never fail to disappoint by not giving us shit.

I guess the majority of current generation (console) gamers can't handle or pay attention to anything other than fancy graphics from first person perspective. It's a shame that they're going to streamline ("consolize") one of the best PC franchises of the 90's. >(

Here's some info on the game. They also put up a teaser for it in which they raped the original Syndicate music with dubstep and high tempo.

http://syndicate.lubie.org/sreboot/html/sreboot_main.php
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/15479.html

Back