Portal Updated to version 0.80

Cyberion

Administrator
portal_update.gif

Version 0.80​

Good day to everyone!!!

It wasn't too long ago, when we brought you 0.77 portal update. Now it's the time for 0.80 update!
Yes, yes, we are jumping 3 numbers. Why? Well because every number is meant for a specific section of a portal. Let's say we opened download section only, than this will be portal update 0.78. But! We opened 3 sections for your enjoyment. We also opened additional boards. That is why it was decided to jump directly to the portal v0.80. So here is more detailed information:

*Navigation menu is fully visible and redesigned. However not all links are working, some sections under constraction, but now you can see what to expect in the near future, till we reach Portal Update 0.90.
*2 New boards: Fan-Art Board (all things Crusader, but created by fans) and Modding Board (here will be published anything that modefies Crusader. Program code, new artwork, etc.). Visit our forums and participate in the life of those boards.
* 3 New portal sections available: Downloads, Modding Tools and Wallpapers sections are now live. You can see them in the left navigation menu under the "Resources" block.
* Optimised code of the calendar. Previously because of the calendar it took forum to load slower.
* Some table optimisations to speed up the forums were done to the database.

Sneak pick on the Portal Update 0.90:
When we reach v0.90 every menu section will be working. It's hard to restore everything after the server crash, but we are doing our best. However v0.90 doesn't mean that it will be just a full restoration of our old portal and its information. V0.90 will feature what we didn't have time to implement earlier before crash. I'm not going to tell you what it is exactly, but you will like those, let me call them - small-big enchancements.

Sneak pick on the next Portal Update 0.81:
Our next Portal Update will feature the return of Military Section with the updated information on WEC Forces and Servo-Mechs. Each of them will feature a complete animation of every model. So now you may forget about boring pixilated images we had previously and you will be able to enjoy the new ones.

With best regards,
-Cyberion

You might want to fix the 'modding tools' page. With the Xan player it says '77,1' Mb, which should be Kb. Glad that the site is running again, I've been out of the loop for a while just right after the server problems began.

Made a very tiny update :D

As you all know, Keenan "Goku" Weaver is co-founder of the website and our Global moderator :D. Being in this position, should be highlighted some how. That is why some groups on our portal are using different color schemes. For example Cyberion is highlighted in red color in Online list. This means he is Admin. Goku previously was highlighted in Blue color, which indicated him as Global Moderator. However, I decided to change this. Now Goku is hightlighted in the same Red color. Which means he is admin of this website and have all authority on answering people's questions as official representative of the portal.

That way people will know who are responsible for the shit that could be found here. They will know whom to blame, Goku and Cyberion. hehehehe ;)

Our moderators-reporters (none so far) will be highlighted in green color in Online box.

Ohh almost forgot to say. Our ranks are now changed to:

Cyberion: Admin - Portal Support
I'm responsible for the files, programming, style and design. I guess you all know that already. But just making this clear to those who didn't know.

Keenan Weaver: Admin - Forum Support
Goku is responsible for every documentation and Crusader Universe information. He is our main source of documents. He is our (if I may say so) Librarian. Every official information that I upload and publish comes from him. He also double check all my spelling mistakes :D.

Giving ourselves the same rank, but different specialization makes it more clear to our visitors on who is responsible for what :D. At least I hope so.

Back