No Regret No Regret music help

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of adding ID3 tags to all of the No Regret MP3s, so it'll look all nice and organized. I have a small problem though; I'm uncertain of the missions in which the songs play. The only ones I can recall is Ninth plays during Mission 1, and Phil plays while you're at the Rebel Base.

Anyone willing to help me identify which songs play with which missions? I know some of the songs play on the "second half" of the level and such, but I'd like to know what the default songs for the missions are.

Mission 1 - Ninth
Mission 2 -
Mission 3 -
Mission 4 -
Mission 5 -
Mission 6 -
Mission 7 -
Mission 8 -
Mission 9 -
Mission 10 -
Rebel Base - Phil
Special Level - X-Mas
Theme - Regret
Demo - Demo

D3
Dark
Distort
Intent
Metal
MK
Party
Retro
Rhythm
Silver
Space
Space II
Stint
Straight
Techno
Third

Ok I made a list for you:

Rebel Base PHIL
Mission 1 NINTH
Mission 2 PHIL
Mission 3 STRAIGHT
Mission 4 PARTY
Mission 5 DEMO
Mission 6 STINT
Mission 7 MK
Mission 8 SPACE 2
Mission 9 D3
Mission 10 SPACE

That are the tracks at the beginning of every mission.

Yeah, well, I like having the tracks in order of how they appear in the game, not just some random order. No Remorse was easier to do this with. I'll try whatever I can.  :)

Btw, if you look at the info of the .mod file of 'ninth' it says the full title is "Ninth Crusade". All about 'Phil' is that it plays in the sound test. Since the sound test of No Remorse was also a Rebel Camp sound I wouldn't be surprised if Phil was also the sound of the rebel camp.

Oh, I already got all the titles put in and everything... Some don't even have titles, so I just left it as the original file name. I got all the tags done.

Sorry...I was going to post a list an light shut down. Due to a storm. but here's my list as I remebrer:

Rebel Base PHIL
Mission 1 NINTH
Mission 2 PHIL
Mission 3 STRAIGHT
Mission 4 PARTY
Mission 5 DEMO
Mission 6 STINT
Mission 7 MK
Mission 8 M01
Mission 9 D3
Mission 10 SPACE

Read the freaking post before you post a message. Lt.JC already made a list.

Keenan Weaver link said:
Read the freaking post before you post a message. Lt.JC already made a list.
there was a mistake in mission 8: it's m01.amf no space 2.amf, check it out. before you requote. My intetions is correcting the mistake. PLay mission 8 and listen what track it is.
M01 is one of my favorite crusader no regret's songs. I didn't find it in the list you post, you should ripped it.

Keenan Weaver link said:
There is no M01 in the No Regret soundtrack.
No, did you check sounds folder in your crusader cd? you may play the mission 8. Use this cheat to access:
type in dosbox: REGRET.EXE -warp 8 -skill 3 (or whatever you like, it's not important) -egg 250 if you want weapons.
Or use into dosbox the tool in the goods folder called crusnd.exe, then type -play f:\ or the letter of your cdrom sound\M01.amf.
In my crusader no regret's cd is in the sound folder. That soundtrack it's the first in No remorse, in the principal mission.
In the music section in the forum download Crusader No remorse's mission one track, that's the same in No Regret's mission 8.(Lunar Defense Battery). I've just checked by myself.

Keenan Weaver link said:
I'm almost positive M01 from No Remorse doesn't play in No Regret.
I'm telling you I'm playing now.

http://www.cyberionsystems.com/echosector/files/music/RemMusic/00_Mission_01.mp3

So that's the song that plays during Mission 8 of No Regret?

Yes check it out, or maybe in one sector of the base and I'm confused, try to warp to the 8th mission on No Regret and listen up. ???

Play it directly in the game by warping to mission 8. I guarantee that this song is at the begining. It's the same as mission one from No Remorse.

Use the 'Modify' button to edit your posts instead of making a new one.

Nope. Lt. JC's right. Space II plays for me.

that track is in other sector of the base then. I think when you're getting to the Lunnar deffense battery. Or may vary from crusader's cd file configurations. But m01 is in both folders check them. It has a techno style that likes me and a psychodelic middle also that I like.

Long time since i've played it, but I do remember that after u get out of the elevator in mission 8(second part of this mission), that song starts playing indeed.

Mission 8

Yup. M01 (Mission 01 from No Remorse) plays in the second half of Mission 8. I remember b/c back then I wrote down the entire level/soundtrack mappings and was wondering what was about all those Mxx files.

I bought No Remorse about 2 years later (1998) and found out that M01 was ... well... Mission 01's soundtrack.

BTW, Space is actually a "second version" of M15.

And the "secret level" or "special level" used Silver as soundtrack ... also a cool track (sounded arabic? egyptian?)

The X-Mas track replaces the soundtrack when you play Crusader on Dec. 25 ... kind of like an Easter Egg of sorts :)

Back