Unreleased No Mercy Screen Shot

Interesting thing to note is the three new robot models and the flame thrower weapon.

It's a shame that the work was flushed down the toilit nver to be resurected, such a waste. Wouldnt it be nice if game develepers released their unwanted work for fans to use rather than be lost to the ages...

I saw this screenshot the first time on a fanpage. I just thought woah cool. Coop, new enemies, new weapons and the ability to run and gun (or atleast it was guessed so)

EA should really find someone who takes on this project. But otherwise I think only the original team that made crusader could make a good crusader.
I mean who knows what some other game company would turn crusader into.  :'(

Whoever takes on this project should not change anything.

They should not take the game and make it into a first or third person shooter.

And they should try to get on the story line from no mercy so that they dont make something that was not supposed to happen.

I thought about something like take the game how it is and dont change the gameplay or the view. But instead of using the ultima 8 engine or what crusader uses make a new enhanced 3d engine with dynamic lightning and physics and all those kinda stuff. But keep the isometric view and control of the silencer.

I never saw any light or shadows in crusader..must be really cool if you shoot a weapon and light flashes up and you character throws shadows.

Or imagine crusader with physics, like you are shooting a grenade into a pile of crates and these crates fly all over the place physical correct  :D

Yeah, maybe the next easily modifiable isometric game, we'll make a Crusader mod for.

Hmm shadowgrounds looks like a good fit  ;D

Dont know if thats moddable but if someone takes on this project a good start would be to check out shadowgrounds  :p

But I think a selfmade engine would fit best  ;)

I took a look at Shadowgrounds... This could be perfect! Now... does anyone have any game creating skills?  :)

yes, shadowgrounds is fully moddable.

To start this project, we will need a charater modeler. I can be a level designer, modder and object modeler. Goku is our writer and we have a musician as well.

So basicaly to start this project we will defenetly require the services of a decent character modeler :D Unfortunately I have no friends with such skills :(

Time to search the Shadowgrounds boards!

(Maybe we should finish No Hope first.  :p)

maybe this one will become No Hope? lol

I'm struggling with restoring the portal so far, lack time to work on the game unfortunately :(

Isn't that screenshot actually from the unreleased multiplayer online Crusader? No Mercy was going to be 3D and there were (black and white) screens for it in the No Regret strategy guide.

No, that's from No Mercy. I think Crusader 2 and No Mercy were two separate games.

*blows the dust off the thread*

Ah yes, this screenshot probably filled many people with hope. I remember seeing it sometime ago, and I was all like "Damn, there was third Crusader?!" but my hopes were crushed. It's a shame it wasn't released.

About the screen itself - it looked promising, although only the enemy in bottom right corner looked ok to me, there rest looks pretty "meh". I also don't quite like the idea of other colours of Silencer armor, especially the green one. Well, the brown and black ones might be, like, other units, but green? It doesn't even fit with any WEC military colour scheme.  :p New weapons and moves also were promising, but all in all the screenshot is only thing we have left. Unless someone in EA comes up with craaazy idea to finish the game as it was supposed to be, with original graphics from back then, and stuff. We can still dream...  :D

I dont know what to think about the screenshot because I have no idea what was planned for the sequel and the screenshot does not show that much. But probably the game would be even harder then its prequels with the new cyclone robots or what they were called  :)

However the other colored silencers are probably other players, it was mentioned that a coop mode was about to be implemented or something along those lines.

Would be cool I guess but only in a LAN mode because sharing the screen with another player would be a bit you know...small. You did not saw that much if you played alone so playing with another player would block the view immensely.  :D

indeed this is the screenshot from No Mercy game, which was cancelled and this is the screenshot from multiplayer part of the game, which was supposed to be implemented.

From what I know this is the screenshot of Deathmatch mode up to 8 players.

Jason Ely promised us to finish up the multiplayer mode and adopt it for windows, since he had the code. But I didn't hear from him for a while. Goku (Keenan) has closer contact with him than me, maybe he can share some light on this topic.

I guess he is too busy with his project - http://www.stygianworlds.com

*blows dusts from thread again*

if u want something close to crusader multiplayer, check out this game:

http://www.station.sony.com/casualProduct.vm?Id=039

i started playing since 2000 and am still hooked.

u'll notice the (MANY) similarities between this game and crusader

Back