No Remorse Need a little help - plus some questions

Sgt.Rico

Hey y'all!

My No Remorse is working fine thanks to the splendid documentation and links on your website! ;D

I have a slight problem tho:

Since I enabled JASSICA16 [Hold SHIFT+type jassica16-Hit <enter>] and then hit F10

- I have not been able to pick up any ammo
- I have not been able to pick up any weapons
- I can pick up medikits and energy cubes... THAT'S IT!
- I cannot buy jack suqat (except maybe energy cubes or some such) from Weasel

My questions:

1. Is this normal?
2. Anyway to get around this? I mean, I've tried typing in "JASSICA16" and then the "~" with both CAPS LOCK on and off and using just the SHIFT KEY alone. Nothing seems to change stuff around.

Any ideas fellas?

Thanks! :)

cheers,
- Roy

You don't need to type 'jassica16' with capital letters, all you need to do is just type it regularly. Just 'jassica16' at moderate speed.

It's normal if you have full items. For instance, if you have 98 RP-22 clips, you can't pick up one more, because that'd be 99, and the game is only supposed to read like 20 or so.

Keenan Weaver link said:
You don't need to type 'jassica16' with capital letters, all you need to do is just type it regularly. Just 'jassica16' at moderate speed.
Thanks!

Keenan Weaver link said:
It's normal if you have full items. For instance, if you have 98 RP-22 clips, you can't pick up one more, because that'd be 99, and the game is only supposed to read like 20 or so.
Ok that makes sense - but why can't I pick up weapons? I mean, I don't have all the weapons after I enter the cheat code so when I attempt picking up any weapons, it won't let me.

Hitting ~ should turn off the cheat code, yeah?

Thanks much!  ;D

In No Remorse you are only allowed to carry five different weapons at a time. You can deposit weapons in your stash in the rebel base to make free room (or just drop them). Remember that your stash will be lost when the Rebel Base gets destroyed and you won't be able to retrieve any more weapons. To drop a weapon, use CTRL+D anywhere (I think). To put something in your stash, find the footlocker in the Rebel Base, open it and then drop any weapons with CTRL+D.

So, if you want to pick up more weapons, drop some of the ones you are currently carrying. In No Regret you can carry every weapon.

The Silencer link said:
In No Remorse you are only allowed to carry five different weapons at a time. You can deposit weapons in your stash in the rebel base to make free room (or just drop them). Remember that your stash will be lost when the Rebel Base gets destroyed and you won't be able to retrieve any more weapons. To drop a weapon, use CTRL+D anywhere (I think). To put something in your stash, find the footlocker in the Rebel Base, open it and then drop any weapons with CTRL+D.

So, if you want to pick up more weapons, drop some of the ones you are currently carrying. In No Regret you can carry every weapon.
Ta-Da! Question answered!  :)

Thanks!

More questions:

Is the "blow up the nerve agent" level timed?

I blew it up and even managed to reach the teleport before the timer ran out - it showed a video of an exploding base and then cut to credits!

What gives??!!  ???

Yes, that level is timed. Try playing it again, you probably just missed it, and died.

Sgt.Rico link said:
More questions:

Is the \"blow up the nerve agent\" level timed?

I blew it up and even managed to reach the teleport before the timer ran out - it showed a video of an exploding base and then cut to credits!

What gives??!!  ???

SPOILERS!

Yes, as the other mentioned before it's timed. As soon as you drop the Fusion Pac you have a limited amount of time to haul ass. It might be a good idea to clear out the way ahead of you BEFORE dropping the Pac, so you only need to run back to the teleporter. Though I'm not sure that is possible, it has been a while since I last played (over 5 years I think).

As far as I recall it's the only timed mission in No Remorse. I had expected the final mission, after destroying the cooling system, to be timed as well, but it wasn't (at least not for me). I could wander around ages and relieve myself on Vargas' remains and still not being blown to pieces.

No Regret has three timed missions as far as I recall.  The first one is similar to the nerve gas mission. You have to drop the Fusion Pac in the Ore Seperator and from then on it's time. I know for sure that in this level it's possible to clear out the remaining level to the exit before doing that and it's highly recommended in my eyes, especially on No Regret difficulty. You can also teleport out without dropping the Fusion Pac correctly. I recall that I had to use the hack-mover to make it actually fall as the Pac would always get stuck in mid-air after leaving the conveyer belt. Anyone else experience this? Will you get chewed out if you don't drop the Pac correctly (or at all) and leave the area? I don't know that because back then I didn't have a full copy of the game and cinematics were ripped.

The other timed missions are the self-destruct mission where you have to rush to disable the self-destruct sequence and the final mission after blowing up the Fusion Generator. If you don't make it out in time, you're toast, which sucks since RoboDraygan is still in the way.

I never had problems with the Fusion Pac stopping in mid-air. Though I never had a pirated copy, either.

I haven't tried it with my retail copy yet, because I can't play the game very well (PC to slow), it could have been bug during the rip process indeed.

The Silencer link said:
I haven't tried it with my retail copy yet, because I can't play the game very well (PC to slow), it could have been bug during the rip process indeed.
Well, why not take some pain to get the real dos running? Of course, you need at least one FAT partition, and a "Crusader Compatible" sound card.
For the Fusion PAC,? stand on the convey belt, face east, place the pac, then keep walking until the PAC dropped into the Ore Separator, and break clear. A quite absurd process compared to No Remorse. I always wonder why the PAC can resist the sharp blades of the separator. And you don't need to place it so close since the separator isn't sheltered in any protective bunker.

I tried that also, usually it didn't fall down without taking me with it, I just couldn't get it done.

And yes, I'm going to install DOS again, on my old PC which used to run in DOS/Win 95. Crusader worked perfectly on that and the PC itself is still good as well. I just need to get a mouse for it since the original broke at one point and the replacement mouse I now use with this PC (best damn mouse I ever had). But for the rest it's good to go.

Speaking of Crusader and computers... You know how cool a WEC computer case cut would be? Like, a huge WEC logo cut out of the side with a red light or something in it... Boy, that'd be awesome.

Back