Mod Overview

So did you recieve my burning metal Phil song? it has really cool stuff. Some Brian's effects!. Unfortunatelly for my proyect I had to low the quality due to the codec it uses. Also too much work in real life and preparation. Studies and tutorials that I'm reading. I'm also reading C++ and Cscript tutorials and 3d game studio. Maybe I used the C++ code for the mugen proyect, some friends told me that I can do it. I saw lot of proyect from you and are getting really great!!!. Amazing.

Do we currently have anyone working on the coding for the mod?  Things like how to control spider bombs, mechs, etc?

Alright, I taught a class in it last year so I'm pretty reasonable at it, my real skill is MATLAB but they're not that different.  Not a programmer by trade but I'll give it a shot, see what I can come up with.  I already have an idea on how to control the spider bombs, just need to test it out with a proxy.

Heoga, that would be unbelievably cool. :) A coder was pretty much all we were still needing. Have you ever done code-level mods to Half-Life 2 before?

Here's the source code. It's 135MB, and my server uploads at 50 kB/s max, so only download this if you really need it.

http://jupix.info/regret/downloads/sourcecode/Regret-sourcecode-20071107.zip

Not worked with HL2 as of yet (besides some dabbling earlier in the week) but I've done a fair bit in other programs so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah. It should be quite straightforward. There's a shortage of articles on programming at VDC, but even so there are some you might be interested in.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:programming
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/AI_Programming

If I may suggest, even more useful than the inventory-based features (spiderbombs and so forth) would be security cameras.. I was thinking of basing them on the Combine security cameras, they work with a rather similar principle. Only it would fire some kind of trigger (via which the entities of the security alarms could be operated), not just play an animation like the Combine ones.

Hi everyone,

This is just a post to bring a short blip into the silence that the project has seen these past weeks.

As you may or may not know, I'm with phpBB Group and we've been hard at work finishing up phpBB3, and lately my mind has been there more than it's been with Regret. Actually, my mind has been with Regret a lot, but I haven't found the time to map, dangit. (Even in addition to this, I've been quite exhausted lately... Don't know why. May have something to do with kaamos... Research has shown it does have a tiring effect on people, but meh. And this is getting off-topic anyway.)

Anyway, I'm hoping to get something done in the coming weeks, so I'd like to know what else is happening within the project and if possible, induce some activity for others too. :)

So, whatever happened to the servomechs control code? There have been no posts on it for a while, so I was just wondering. Also, I've been thinking about the wall sections (and some smaller props, like the wooden crates) by Cyberion... Are you still working on those?

Oh, and if there's anything else someone would like to discuss, please go ahead. Don't take my silence for anything else than me being very busy.

ehh I think I sent you the crates already in one big package. You might want to double check.

Right now not a lot of modelling as I'm thinking about upcoming New Year's Party. It's very popular in russia, so I have to plan 1 month ahead. Takes time. But i'm here, so no worries.

Must be the that time of year.  I've been very busy with my own research as well with conferences and deadlines to prepare for.  Apologies for the lack of code uploading.

The servomech code works as is, but I'm hoping to get a mouse controled aiming system to work within the next few weeks.  The key based controls are too clumsy in practice for any kind of accuracy.  The main hurdle there is isolating the correct code to use for this.  I've been trying different methods and I think I'm starting to get close to it.

Cyberion - I know the feeling.  We have the same party attitude for New Year in Scotland.

Same for me here.
I still have some test's and reports to do, but hopefully I'll get some time in the next weeks.

So sooner or later i'll get some work for Regret done. Stay tuned.

Just to keep you guys up to date on my doings, lately I've been working on the repo, it's coming along very nicely. Don't expect a quick demo, though, I've gotten hooked on EVE Online quite badly. :p

That game is like crack.  I was addicted to it for years, still get the occasionally craving to play but my willpower is winning out so far.

Back