Main Menu

Cyberion

Administrator
worked on the main menu. tried to keep No Regret style and feeling from the original. Of course using some modern elements ;)

Here is the result. Maybe later on will enhance this image with some additional elements, but so far looks perfect. Will create 640x480/1024x768 versions. So 640x480 can be used in lower resolutions (640x480/800x600). 1024x768 in higher resolutions (1024x768/1280x1024, etc...)

Here's what I suggest:

Remove the "Half-Life 2" part of the title. The title of the mod is Regret, not Half-Life 2: Regret. (right?)

I think a picture of the moon would be more suitable for the main menu. No Regret takes place on the moon, after all.

Also, personally, I thought No Regret has more of a bluish tint to its atmosphere. I'd like to see the text and the border to be bluish. No Remorse had the red feeling.

hehehe Goku, check the original menu. THere is earth, not a moon.

Also Original has more red color schem ;)

As for the name, it is Half-Life2: Regret ;)

hmmm i see lol.

well.... ehh... i see how can i make this one word look good. too short damn it.

Actually, the figure in the title screen is the moon. Jupix and I concluded it has to be.

Plus, it wouldn't make sense if it was the earth on the No Regret title screen... No Regret takes place on the moon. I still think No Regret has a bluer tint to it.

Keenan Weaver link said:
Actually, the figure in the title screen is the moon. Jupix and I concluded it has to be.

Yes, we talked about this and the conclusion was that the scene in the main title screen takes place in space, en route to the Moon.

http://jupix.info/regret/mainmenu.png

The alarm light model and door (possibly an airlock) have a feel to them very similar to the first level (which takes place aboard the freighter). The Silencer is looking out of a window, at the Moon, which is also visible in the picture as a reflection in the window. The rest of the space the Silencer is in is quite difficult to make out so that leaves some artistic freedom.

Further about the main menu screen itself, I'm going to do it personally. What I have in mind is a Source-esque background map menu, which means there is actually going to be a live scene running behind the menu items, just like in Half-Life 2 and all the other mods based on it. In my vision I have the Silencer standing in front of the window, just as he is in the original picture, but he is actually moving slightly, from heavy breathing. The moon will rotate in the reflection, and the alarm light will naturally be live. Also, there is going to be a soundscape of some sort, but I've yet to make a decision whether it'll be ambient sounds only or the original menu music only.

However as we don't have a sufficiently detailed Silencer model yet, this is all far in the future.

ohh indeed looks like a moon heheheh.

ok than i'll use this design of menu for my own projects in the future. who knows maybe i'll use something to what i did.

Back