Logos of No Remorse

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
Sometime in 2011, I received two dozen CD images of <em>No Remorse</em> production material. With this post, we are beginning a series showcasing the treasure that is found on these discs. All contents of these discs have been preserved and will be available for your own perusal when the museum portion of the site is opened.

To begin this series, let's take a look at early incarnations of the logo for <em>No Remorse</em>.

Dating from February 1995 to August 1995, the design for the <em>No Remorse</em> logo underwent many formations. Take a look at the whacky fonts they used! I've also included some tests of their logos in action on early <em>No Remorse</em> box art. Looking through these, I'm glad they chose the art and logo with which we're all familiar.

Please note, most of these images have been converted over from archaic Apple Mac formats circa 1994 to modern lossless image format. Additionally, "layer" images have been excluded for this news post, but will appear in the <em>Crusader</em> museum.

<br /><a class="wordbb-full-post" href="http://www.echosector.com/2013/05/logos-of-no-remorse/" title="Logos of No Remorse">Article: Logos of No Remorse</a>

A friend of mine ripped the images directly from an Origin archive handled by EA Mythic.

NICE!

I wonder if all these are the work of one man or several of them. Personally, I like most of the logos and I would have a really hard time deciding which one to choose for a final product.

JC Denton said:
NICE!

I wonder if all these are the work of one man or several of them. Personally, I like most of the logos and I would have a really hard time deciding which one to choose for a final product.

Judging by the file and folder names on the CDs, it's the work of several people: Beverly Garland, Karl Dolgener, and Terry Manderfeld.

Most interesting to see progression to the bits that made it through to production. Some of these are a bit.. strange.

Nothing wrong with the brain fart finals. All of them look good. I too would have a tough time in the final logo selection, as most of these works scream No Remorse!

Thanks a bunch for this rare beautiful share Keenan.

Back