No Remorse Large secret area on mission 14, but getting stuck after that

wub

I discovered a large secret area on mission 14, however, after returning from it, I got stuck, because the elevator to the next level would not operate. Is this a bug? Or should I do something for the elevator to operate (I wandered all around the level, but did not succeed finding anything)? Or is there some other way to get on after going through the secret area?

When replaying the mission without entering the secret area, the elevator worked OK.

The secret area can be found like this. I somehow do not manage to insert a screenshot; the room containing the secret is about 8:45 in the Squint's video "Let's Play Crusader: No Remorse - Part 39" which can be found on Viddler. It's on the first level of the mission: when you get to the numeric keypad in the room with the Solartron, but don't know the code, you take a long corridor left, squeeze through a narrow passage between electrical walls southwards, enter a long room on the second level at the SW end of the room. Normally you would jump down to proceed NE. Instead of jumping down you should walk right and NE-- there is a narrow ledge along the wall which is walkable. After some distance a room appears to the right of you with a telepad. Jump down to that room and teleport to the secret area.

Do you have a link to said video? I want to take a look at it. I think I know this one as I'm sure I found pretty much every secret (compared it with the offical guides at some point).

I forgot about this. I found the secret area you mentioned. It's indeed large. There's even a secret telepad in that area that takes you the "Asylum" full with goodies. I haven't how I could access that telepad though (found it with hackmover as I just expected something to be there). Otherwise this level is not really needed. You can eventually find a telepad that brings you back to the ledge where you started off. If you take the asylum route you are teleported back to the area with the two keypads.

Back