Half-Life 2: Regret Mod

Cyberion link said:
lol mate it's your mod. I can make it sticky or something. You have to write what it is and what you need and what you aim for.

I thought my first post would suffice.

Oh well, maybe I'll try and come up with a new one.

Cyberion link said:
ok bro I tried to export the last (barrel) model to SMD format. That's the one from the link that you gave me. Here is the link, try it, does it work? And if it works, please show the screenshot.

I tried it and it imports okay. :) However I need the textures (in .tga if possible) to view the models in game. Sorry I didn't mention this earlier.

Well it's a news post. As for the Fan Creation itself we will need to create a new post, so we can switch and have discussion there.

so texture should go with the file in tga format? Let me reupload the model.

btw here is the Teleporter Fence

showoffpm3.jpg

ok here is the RAR archive with Barrel and Fence models.

Textures are inside the archive. Although I used jpg textures. Should work, but if you need tga I guess you can convert them easily.

http://cyberionsystems.com/echosector/files/mods/hl2mod_regret/barrel_fence_models.rar

Question -- did you really use the same texture for all of the barrel or was there a texture missing from the zip? Because the barrel ends up looking like this imported:

barrel.jpg

Check out the top bits.

ohh I see it seems HL2 does like not UVed polygons. Those on top were blank, didn't apply UV map to them. Well i guess i'll do it.

But all in all how does it look in real Source Engine render? Mind compile a simple room with few barrel to play around?

Cause I need to see where i need to improve future models.

ohh ya recently I do not use it cause of some troubles with my PC. However when we start work closely on a project i guess it will be our main source of instant messaging.

I'm usually in #CybSys, but I've been having lots of homework lately.

Now's a good time to use the Crusader Explorer tool!

Cyberion,

I've now got the model ingame, but it seems I need one more thing to make the physics work: a separate collision model. Any chance you could provide one? (It's just an .smd with the basic shape, no detailing.)

Keenan, thanks for the tip, I'll be giving that tool a whirl :D

ehhhh you mean like separate smd model, for example for barrel it will be simple box with 4 sides, right?

Yeah, although I think a cylinder would work as well. The point is, the physics model is supposed to be simpler than the "graphics" model.

yape, I know that, I'm just unsure how it is implemented in Source.

Ok i'll provide later on the 2nd SMD with the simple collision mesh.

Ok bro I have created a new forum for the project under Fan Creations section. We now can keep out talks in there.

Here is the direct link http://cyberionsystems.com/echosector/index.php?board=15.0

You have moderator rights there (it's your mod after all hehehe). btw I posted the information in separate topic there about the mod. Just used your HL2 post. So please edit it if it requires any corrections/additions.

Hey so theres are a mod for regret?.. will there be a crusader no hope? also pelase tell it wont be FPS tehre to many of thsoe out there  :p

well... so far it is intended to be FPS rather than TPS.

Heavy moding required to make isometric style. But who knows, maybe on the later stage we will move to third person. We just need programmer in that case ;)

Back