No Regret First impression of no regret!

crusader-norich

Hi all,

If any of you have read my previous posts, I mention that it's taken me the best part of 10 years to locate Regret! After scouring computer store after computer store I finally resorted to eBay and won a box set of Remorse and Regret (I already have Remorse though). As much as I love Remorse, I was eager to see how Regret matched up.

I'm only half way through the first level as of last night and already I am VERY impressed! The movements of the characters, sound effects and the whole general gameplay are so much slicker than Remorse. I love Remorse to bits but I can see Regret quickly becoming my favourite game out of the two!!

Out of interest, how many levels does Regret have versus Remorse? From what I've read it seems like Regret may be a shorter game?

Cheers

No Remorse has fifteen missions. No Regret "only" has ten but the missions are much larger than the ones in No Remorse. So just because No Remorse has more levels you can't say it's a longer game. As for playtime, it has been too long to remember really accurate but I think No Regret actually took me longer to complete. Then again, that might be because I played No Regret first which means I didn't have to get used to No Remorse which might have saved some time.

The visual and audio effects of No Regret are improved. However, some fans of No Remorse do not appreciate such changes.

The average number of levels per mission and  size of maps of No Regret are greater than No Remorse.

But IMHO the plot of No Regret is much weaker than No Remorse. No matter how Origin claims that the play time of No Regret is much longer than No Remorse, No Regret gives the players of No Remorse the impression of short-lifed due to its somewhat weaker storyline.

The difficulty of No Regret is much greater than No Remorse. This also has its part in the play time increment.

If you do not take any secret shortcut, No Regret is surely longer than No Remorse. Otherwise hmmmmmm..........

Nevertheless, it's still an excellent (if not better than) game as No Remorse.  

I like to think of No Regret as it was described by someone -- "an expansion". I feel like No Regret is an expansion to No Remorse, it doesn't really feel like a full game to me. I find No Remorse to be far superior than No Regret.

The best thing a gaming company can make is to make the sequel of a gaming not any diffirent to the predecessor. they can make additions like weapons and enemies but they should not change the game.

Thats why No Regret is one of the "good sequels"

On another note Deus Ex 1 = good

Deus ex 2 is totally changed from every aspect= not good

Same with Unreal and unreal 2

Yeah, I'm finding No Regret not as good as No Remorse.... the characters don't feel as realistic, and there aren't as many. They feel kind of 'tacked on'.

Saying that, the gameplay is nicer but you cared more in No Remorse... it made more sense too, like you wanted to find out what the deal was with the clones, and you wanted to rescue Brooks. No so in No Regret.

Back