eXistenZ

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
Composed by Cyberion:

Recently Keenan "Goku" Weaver in one of his sleepless nights was browsing around the internet and found very interesting information. The movie eXistenZ somehow has a connection to No Remorse... check the link below.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120907/movieconnections

So far it's unknown to us what the connection is. But we are willing to find this out, because this movie is actualy very interesting movie, which brings up a problem of vitual reality and real world. It didn't recieve too much credit because it was published the same year The Matrix was published. Apparently The Matrix recieved much more attention. And this is the shame, from all reviews eXistenZ gets the most positive critics and very high ratings.
The movie won many awards, such as:

Year 1999

Berlin Film Festival
    * won, Silver Bear: David Cronenberg
    * Nominated, Golden Bear: David Cronenberg

Amsterdam Fantastic Film Festival
    * won, Silver Scream: David Cronenberg

Year 2000

Genie Awards
    * won, Best Achievement in Editing: Ronald Sanders
    * Nominated, Best Achievement in Art Direction/Production Design: Carol Spier, Elinor Rose Galbraith
    * Nominated, Best Motion Picture: David Cronenberg, Robert Lantos, Andras Hamori

Golden Reel Awards
    * Nominated, Best Sound Editing in a Foreign Feature: David Evans, Wayne Griffin, Mark Gingras, John Laing, Tom Bjelic, Paul Shikata

Saturn Awards
    * Nominated, Best Science Fiction Film

Golden Globe Award
    * Nominated, Best American Movie

It is also a very interesting fact: Andras Hamori and Robert Lantos (two producers of the film who are both of Hungarian origin) told in an interview that they intentionally hid a pun in the title: "isten" is the word for "God" in Hungarian. This is why the X and Z are capitalized in the title of eXistenZ, to single out the word "isten".

Does anyone have this movie? Or maybe someone watched it, we are curious to see what the reference is.
existenz.jpg

I'm going to download it and watch it to see if I can find any referance to Crusader: No Remorse.

I think this is needs to be made a news post. So I'm moving this topic to a news section and edit your post a little bit my friend.

I dont think this has to do with Crusader. I think I even watched the film once but not from the beginning. But If I read the plot summary then it dont seems to be related with no remorse.

Read this:

Allegra Geller, the leading game designer in the world, is testing her new virtual reality game, eXistenZ with a focus group. As they begin, she is attacked by a fanatic assassin employing a bizarre organic gun. She flees with a young marketing trainee, Ted Pikul, who is suddenly assigned as her bodyguard. Unfortunately, her pod, an organic gaming device that contains the only copy of the eXistenZ game program, is damaged. To inspect it, she talks Ted into accepting a gameport in his own body so he can play the game with her. The events leading up to this, and the resulting game lead the pair on a strange adventure where reality and their actions are impossible to determine from either their own or the game's perspective.

The movie has a lot to do with video games. I read that it borrows lots from adventure games and stuff.

Keep in mind that info on IMDB is not always 100% accurate...if someone thinks there's a reference to No Remorse while there is not and screeners somehow miss it it will still make it's way to IMDB.

Hmm... Maybe it's more subtle than we think... or there's no reference at all, as previously stated.

Back