Exclusive Crusader documents released!

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
portal_update.gif

v.0.83​

Today is a very big day not just for Echo Sector, but for Crusader fans in general. Today we unveil a new section of the site that contains very rare documents directly from the hands of the geniuses of Electronic Arts and Origin Systems, Inc. These documents contain scripts, engine descriptions, cutscenes scripts, and much, much more. You will be able to read some of the ideas that EA had planned for the future of Crusader. I (Keenan Weaver) received these documents from an undisclosed source many months ago, and I've had plenty of time to read through these Holy Grails; it is fantastic.

Here is a list of changes:

[*] Added two new sections. "Design Docs" and "Scripts" under Papers bar. There you will find never published documents for inner usage. Screenplays of Crusader videos, scripts for storyline, design documents of Crusader engine and many other things. Just go there and check it out!
[*] Added one more new section - "Contact and About" under DataLink bar. Contact and About is not that interesting, just some contact information and general information about the portal. However it worth mentioning.
[*] JavaScript, which made it possible to fade out the images, so they will be only 30% visible. We implemented this script into our Military Forces section. (Previously when you were reading the WEC Forces' descriptions or ServoMech's or APP's you could be distracted by multiple animation of every item. Like all WEC Forces' guys were animated, which looked cool, but in mass looked bad. So thanks to that script we made them to fade out and now they do not distract your eye. In order for them to appear in full color and visibility you need to put a mouse cursor over the image and it will smoothly gain color).
[*] Fixed profile.php error when you tried to login into your Profile.

Today is a good day,
-Keenan Weaver

Really sweet, am reading through some of the now. Thanks for sharing.

Btw, I can't seem to open Regret Plot.DOC. It asks for a username and password to access it. I think you set the permissions for the file wrong.

Uhm, I must be going blind or mentally unstable but now I can't seem to find the file at all anymore in the list.

EDIT: Never mind, my brain is indeed fried, I looked in the wrong section.

Wow men that's amazing! title, then I will show you my two titles for my games. 8) ;)

very nice stuff. It has a lot of potential as well. What a shame and a waste that the whole thing got discontinued.

Hey, after reading all this, we should get on work and think of the possibilites of creating a New one or almos by fans creation. If we have some hope it will be a great game, decent for playing. With full 3d environment. Have you guys talked with Jason Ely or Tony Zurovec?.

It's not that easy. Electronic Arts owns the IP for Crusader. We'll basically be stealing their ideas. Jason Ely and Tony Zurovec, I'm sure, would love to work on a new Crusader game. It's unlikely, though.

have you talked already with EA?, O men, I probably hate Ultima Online :mad:  Really much and It will be nice that they broke down. Hehehe ;). I feel a great Anger of that enterprise. If EA own the game too, why don't we talk to them or, Ask for another enterprise. Beside of all these rumours, I will get on work. No matter if they wanted to realese a new Crusader before. I have strong mind and will.

For one, why would EA sell the rights of their game to a Russian guy and some American kid, and a bunch of assorted guys from France, Germany, China, Argentina, etc. Second, do you know how much it would cost to purchase the rights? A LOT. Third, what would a bunch of random fans do with it? It would be much better in the hands of a professional development team with continuity and universe help from our community.

Also, you double-posted again. I deleted the first message.

Well, and What you're going to do instead?, Something must be done. Or we will continue with false expectatives, there must be a solution. By the way if EA continue working, you may insist again. I know the rights are expensive we should regroup more crusader fans. That will  help to your concern of working team. have you concacted with some programmator already? One in C++. You should show some of your work to EA or send some copy or a beta, or  screenshots to see it, that will cause a reaction that might interest them.
Apart from that requoting is your only problem or also. For me is more confortable requoting in the message than replying, because you don't know what I'm replying.
Also I didn't know how small was this, of course we should stop fighting each other. And get on bussiness of working on post our own proyects. You didn't answered one question where is Jason Ely and Tony Zurovec???. You should show to them some of your work. They might like the idea.

Well.  Can't say I agree with the direction it went--never mind involving Mars, from what I can tell, they didn't even get there--but I did get some ideas, anyway.

Trying to buy the rights of the game will be a hell of a job, next to impossible. I think that a good talk with Tony Zurovec and Jason Ely would be a nice starter, to see what their opinions are about the whole matter. Maybe we can let some other enterprise do it, maybe with our help or whatever...Someway, the project would have to turn a lot bigger that it is now.

Of course...I we stay sat, we will regret it. We all know we are waiting a new Descent Crusader for playing and enjoying. Specially me. :'( :D.

Great Keenan you don't know actually the great desire I have of knowing Them.

Shadowen link said:
Well.  Can't say I agree with the direction it went--never mind involving Mars, from what I can tell, they didn't even get there--but I did get some ideas, anyway.
Have you read my storylines?? Go to this topic Crusader 3 Mars Secret Base "Turrellium production new mineral"
? on: 06 May 2007, 10:31:30 ? Quote Modify 

CrusaderManiac_2007 link said:

you know Tony and Jason? Cool, because we know them as well. Sometimes chat with Jason and very rare with Tony. They are busy people.

Hey man take a look to my new goodies!. I posted 2 minutes ago!. They're cool stuff believe me.

Who really hates Ultima Online?. What asshole question, is obvius. But I just don't want  it.

Cyberion link said:
[quote author=CrusaderManiac_2007 link=topic=250.msg1483#msg1483 date=1178861545]

you know Tony and Jason? Cool, because we know them as well. Sometimes chat with Jason and very rare with Tony. They are busy people.
[/quote]
No, I don't know them personaly or spoken with them even in a chat room. I just saw them In many Crusader pics.

I looked over the details of the new weapons.

Why did they change the Rico ammo from micromissiles into bounce grenades? I loved recon by fire. If anything the bounce grenade could have been a Secondary Fire mode on the GL-303.

The Vortex-2 not distintegrating human targets to focus more on servomechs is interesting. However, I did like that one fan idea where it can be set to affect either targets between missions.

Did the DSD-212 strike anyone else as redundant? Basically it's another Liquefier that does slightly more damage, has a bigger clip and has a new (presumably messier) kill graphic. I can't see how an enzyme dedicated to melting down organic targets would affect servomechs either. I'll keep my LNR-81 thank you.

The Flamethrower is very nice.

The Gamma Cannon as is clearly takes the title of Supreme Consortium Death Ray away from the UV-9 and the XP-5. Plus being able to penetrate cover other than shield is not right. 200 Hit Points damage? Ow. Even worse if it it's treated as radiation that ignores the Combat Shields. On the other hand, something that gives the RadShield more active usage would be interesting as well.

But my overall favorite is the ION-44. A weapon that can punch through even a fully charged Graviton Field would make anyone rethink their strategy, especially in multiplayer.

Back