End of Level Problem

D

Dave

I have this really weird problem with this game.  It runs flawlessly through the entire first level then when I step on the end teleporter and after I watch the movie of the refinery getting blown up the screen goes blank and that's it.  I have a legal copy and dosbox 0.70 so I am not sure what's going on.

That IS a weird problem. Try reinstalling it to a different directory, with a complete install.

looks like you got some corrupt files. Try reinstalling the game and do nto use previous saves. PLay again.

I tried using level warp to see if that would do anything but I just get a blank screen with my guy then the level loads and I cannot shoot at all.  I don't know if you can use level warp with dosbox but I tried it as well with no regret and I got the same result.  Maybe I need to buy a new cd of no remorse cause I don't know what the cause of this. :'(

did you try to reinstall? and make the full install again. Try to delete every file and install it. Also what are teh settings of your PC and DOSBOX?

I'm using Dosbox 0.70, I have an Athlon 2200+ 1.8 ghz processor, 1 gig of ram and a 256 meg 9600 Radeon video card.  I still am unsure of what the problem is, I don't think it's the cd since it doesn't look scratched at all.

Make sure you're installing it properly. Have you read our DOSBox guide?

I tried using the dosbox method but I have to mount c before I mount d otherwise it says not enough diskspace.  Has anyone ever used level warp successfully in dosbox?

As a matter of fact, yes. It never worked in the past on my old computer, but I tried it a few weeks ago when someone had posted a question on a possible secret and I wanted to check it. Level warp works but I had to wait a minute, started with just the Silencer on black background, not responding, took a while for the level to load.

I have the exact same problem when I use level warp.  The silencer starts out on a black background and it takes a minute for the level to load then he's unresponsive.  I can move him around but I can't shoot at all.  I still haven't been able to get to the rebel base yet after a mission.  The screen just goes blank otherwise my game runs fine.  So I can't use level warp and I can't finish a mission so maybe I'm just stuck playing mission one.  :'(

This is a very odd problem. I just think you're installing the game incorrectly.

hmmm since it's not a problem on one computer, it seems to me it's Crusader problem itself. I mean Crusader is an old game, so maybe on some nowadays systems it can glitch. Could you guys post the specs of your PC, I think you have something in common (similar hardware). By pointing this out, we might be able to understand what's the problem is. and further find the solution.

Try to point out teh exact specs of your PC. Mainly i'm interested in CPU and Video Card. For Video Card indicate the manufacture as well. That's the most important part. Not so important part, but really helpful is... all other spec, hehehehe. So post it here and i'l ltry to see if you have something in common.

I have a 9600 Radeon 256mb video card.  I have an Athlon 2200+ 1.8 ghz cpu with 1 gig of ram.  Not sure what else to tell.

I don't have a problem, the game works fine for me, loading just takes a bit. But that's because I have a very old PC, an Athlon 1 GHz, it just is too slow to emulate Crusader properly. I can play, but gameplay is sluggish. I don't have any problems finishing missions though. I can play through the whole game and even watch the movies.

hey, i'been playing No Remorse for 2 days and i've just found out that i have the same problem, but it only happens at the end of the 3rd mission, when i step into the teleporter, i can see the 2 movies, and nothing after... I've got an AMD Athlon 64, 4200+ gforce 7300 LE, 1gb ram, also, i've downloaded another version of the game, without the movies, etc, and it dosn't work either. im using DosBox 0.70, maybe the patch will work?

yup, i had v 1.01, i installed the 1.22 patch and it worked perfectly! i just warped to the 3rd level (using a few cheats to get some weapons) and i replayed the level. you should try that dave...

I did not know there was a 1.22 patch version.  I have the cd and my version is 1.21 so if there is another patch I will try it out and let you guys know.

I think my version is up to date so I'm not sure how else to fix it.  I tried using the cru121p.exe patch on it and it says it won't do it, so does someone have another solution?

Back