EA games hit GOG.com

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
EA games hit GOG.com!!

IFuBl.png

Update: June 3 From GOG.com's newsletter comes this image:

iea_33.jpg

Original update: Oh boy! GOG.com, a digital distributor focusing on classic PC games, has gained the rights to sell classic EA games on its service. Currently, Wing Commander: Privateer, Dungeon Keeper and both Ultima Underworld games are offered.

What's more relevant to us is Crusader: No Remorse is next on the release list! That's right, Crusader will once again be available for purchase! Whoo-hoo! Though we're not certain when exactly that release will be, CD Projekt, the owners of GOG, have stated it will be released sometime this month.

This is a good day, Crusader fans! We'll keep you up to date.

Re: EA games hit GOG.com!!

This is indeed a great news!  :D

More people will have a chance to enjoy our beloved Crusader series!  :mask:

That's really good news, because it was hard to find a copy of the Crusader series and you most likely ended up buying it on ebay and used.

Now everyone will have the chance to buy it without having  to search for too long  :)

so, they will update it to be compatible with windows XP, Vista and 7? Otherwise it will be bad, if they do not do so...

I wonder if they add any feature? hehe

Cyberion link said:
so, they will update it to be compatible with windows XP, Vista and 7? Otherwise it will be bad, if they do not do so...

I wonder if they add any feature? hehe

I doubt they will. Sometimes they try to do something about compatibility issues, but when it comes down to DOS games, they pack a DOSBox with them, since most of old games for DOS won't work under Windows anyway, (especially if you try to run them on 64-bit OS, since, for example Windows 7 x64 cannot run 16-bit code).

I've been in contact with GOG regarding the Crusader release and authorized our assets to be distributed in their release. If EA approves of it, Echo Sector's goodies will be available to hundreds of thousands of potential customers! Exciting. :D

Back