DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide

Keenan

Administrator
Staff member
DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide

Welcome to the DOSBox 0.74 Crusader Guide. In this thread, I will list the steps on how to properly use DOSBox (http://www.dosbox.com/) to run both Crusader games at the optimal level.

Once downloaded, install it. If you get confused any time, just refer to the readme the installation provides.

• Put in your No Remorse/No Regret CD.
  • Open DOS Box.
  • Type the following command (no quotations) ?mount c C:\[YOURCRUSADERDIRECTORY]?.
  • Type the following command (no quotations) ?mount [driveletter] [driveletter]:\ -t cdrom?.
  • Type (no quotations) "[CDROMDRIVE]:"
  • Type ?install? to install the game.
  • Follow the instructions.
  • Type the following command (no quotations) "C:".
  • Type the following without quotations "Crusader"or "Regret" to run the game.

Here is an example:
Mount c C:\Crusader
Mount d D:\ -t cdrom
D:
Install
C:
Crusader

If your game is slow, you should turn up/down the cycling (Turn up ? CTRL-F12, Turn Down ? CTRL-F11).

There's no need to do this every time to run Crusader. D-Fend is a DOSBox frontend, allowing you to make icons on the desktop, so you can just click it to start the game with your defined settings!

Note: You may need to create a folder prior to installation, or it may come up with an error message saying there's not enough hard drive space.

If you have any questions, post here.

Re: DOSBox 0.63 Crusader Guide

heh, I was about to hop in here and make a post asking how the game can be run on modern machines! I picked up No Remorse and No Regret in a preowned bin years back and had an insane amount of fun with them. Didn't know I could run them in DosBox!! :D

Thanks!

Hey there! I feel so happy, you're our first member.  :)

Tell me if what I listed worked for you.

Excellent post, thank you thank you thank you thank you! ?;D

Hey.

Congrats on the site first of all. Crusader is too good of a game just to be forgotten.

I've downloaded DOSBox and Crusader: No Regret from 'Home of the Underdogs', but when I load the game, there's no background (black screen), and any movement leaves trails behind.

Any idea whats wrong?

I have a Dell inspiron 6000,

Win XP,

1.7 gHz

512 MB RAM

60GB Hard drive

I don't have a floppy drive, so a boot disk can't be used.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

CJ Marren

We don't really support piracy, but I really have no idea what the problem is... It's probably because it's a pirated copy. Just buy a copy off of www.ebay.com

Thats cool, thanks.

I have my old copy of No Remorse, so I'll try that and see what happens.

Any way to mail Origin or EA about a new crusader game? or even start a petition?
It might surprise them if it gained enough support. Just a thought...

I always wanted to start a petition, but I knew it was useless. In my whole eight years of being on the internet, I've met probably 20 Crusader fans... and I don't think 20 people would convince EA to make a new Crusader game.  Maybe this website will get alot of fans and then maybe we'll start one.  :)

Well, I could kickstart things by getting as many signatures as possible on the Irish Whip Wrestling forums.... if I do, I'll let you guys know.

Hows 'No Hope' coming along?

It's kinda going slow right now, actually. Cyberion's computer died, and he's the project lead. Be patient, it'll be worth it. :p

Hey.

Just in case anyone was having problems running No Remorse in DOSBox, ( I was!) mount both the hard drive Crusader is installed on (usually C:/) and also the CD Drive (usually D:/) and then run 'CRUSADER' from the C:/

If thats incorrect, feel free to delete it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, CRUSADER ROX.  YOU ROX, LIFE IS GOODZ!

Im no good with dos box SOO.....

basically, downloaded the demo(not buying it just yet :D) how can i run it using dos box?

The No Regret demo? I don't really know, I've never played. I'd assume to just follow my directions I made there, except change the directories and command names to what you installed it to.

i haven't installed it too, its on the C drive(not in any other folder, just C drive so its easier) the folder is Crusader_noregret_demo and i've tried getting it to run(e.g.  Crusader_noregret_demo\crudemo or install, or setup and its not worked, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I'd do something like this:

mount c C:\crusader_noregret_demo
C:

Then whatever the command to install is.

Tried using the instructions in DOSBox but after selecting the destination path C:\Crusader, I get a message saying too little hard drive space. Using a 40 GB HD with only about 15 GB used. Any suggestions?

Back