Crusader in 3D?

Cyberion

Administrator
Well we recently all discussed the possobility of creating Crusader in full 3D environment with the support of nowadays technologies like pixelshader 3.0 dynamic lighting, poligonal models, etc...

I was thinking maybe it's time to create a seperate thread for that kind of discussion.

I'm really eager to start this project if we can gather a decent team. Especially we will need a decent character modeler. Maybe even port our "forever in development" title - No Hope to be this new 3D game.

This could be a very good start. We can use Shadowgrounds game as our engine (which is basicaly HL2 Source engine). Shadowgrounds is a game which can be modded almost to total conversion and that's what we need.

i would like to hear what you think about this stuff guys.

here, take a look at some screenshots of Shadowgrounds and you will understand why it is our choice ;)

shadowgrounds_screenshot_2006_04_06_01_800.jpg

shadowgrounds_screenshot_2006_02_16_04_800.jpg

shadowgrounds_screenshot_2006_02_02_01_800.jpg

here is a link about modding shadowgrounds - http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=32678&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Read it guys, you gonna like it. And I liked it alot, because I'm working in Lightwave and this means I can create massive buildings directly in Lightwave and export them into shadowgrounds ;) yay!

I am confident that this could bring new light to crusader. If you will port No Hope over then you would definitively come some steps forward  :)

I don't think No Hope will work in this engine. We designed it as an adventure game, not an action shooter game; however, we can write a new game and do that.  :)

Shadowen and I could write it.

ya but who will model the character? I can model objects, it's not a problem to me/ But we need a decent character modeler, so Our characters will look beatiful.

Looks really nice. I've heard that people can have the source engine for free if its for non comercial use. Does that mean we dont have to buy shadow grounds?

Also people can learn how to model and skin

CJ Marren link said:
Woah, that engine looks perfect for a 3D Crusader... Hope it gets off the ground lads!
Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about!!!. It will be great!. Why you don't experiment something new. We have all the tecnology laughing, waiting, and waiting us to use it.!!!. Crusader 3 Is in plan progress and Crusader World by me!!!. I will bring it back to life. Or I will regret that!!!. It will be a damn pity doing nothing i will be very decepointed with me. :'( :D

CrusaderManiac_2007 link said:
[quote author=CJ Marren link=topic=210.msg1194#msg1194 date=1177493075]
Woah, that engine looks perfect for a 3D Crusader... Hope it gets off the ground lads!
Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about!!!. It will be great!. Why you don't experiment something new. We have all the tecnology laughing, waiting, and waiting us to use it.!!!. Crusader 3 Is in plan progress and Crusader World by me!!!. I will bring it back to life. Or I will regret that!!!. It will be a damn pity doing nothing i will be very decepointed with me. :'( :D
[/quote]
Cyberion You can't Imagine how ansious we are here in Argentina to see a full crusader in 3d.

Keenan Weaver link said:
I don't think No Hope will work in this engine. We designed it as an adventure game, not an action shooter game; however, we can write a new game and do that.  :)

Hey shadoweaven try to include the silencer in this game.  ;D. Crusader 3 is coming!. If someone discovers how to rip crusader videos, please post it here, in fact i'm going  to do my own videos.

CrusaderManiac_2007 link said:
[quote author=Keenan Weaver link=topic=210.msg1109#msg1109 date=1176378831]

Hey shadoweaven try to include the silencer in this game.  ;D. Crusader 3 is coming!. If someone discovers how to rip crusader videos, please post it here, in fact i'm going  to do my own videos.
[/quote]
Hey guys, does anyone know a good tool for creating videos, for introduction video games. I was going to try with macromedia flash? Please I need some help.!!!! :eek:

Back