No Remorse Cheat codes - little help!

crusader-norich

Hi all! Thought I had posted this question last night but it doesn't seem to have appeared on the board  O0

I've got my No Remorse game working pretty well now on DOSBOX. Bit of a lag and had to turn off music as it was a bit jittery but fine overall now.

One more question I had.... Firstly, I know I shouldn't use the cheats really but I am not lying when I say that I am truly awful at playing games and need a bit of help every so often!

I've typed in jassica16 to activate the cheats and the first time I did this it seemed to work and I got the message saying 'Cheats activated' or similar. However, after saving and going to play subsequently a few days later, it seems the cheat code no longer works!?

Anyone able to assist in finding out whats going on?

Cheers!

You have to activate your cheats every time you load a save game if you left the game. Also, if you're using God mode, make sure to turn it on each time after using a teleporter.

After typing jassica16, press Alt-F10, and you'll have God mode. CTRL-F10 gives you weapons and ammo.

Hmm... I wonder why we don't have the Cheats section up yet.

While we are on the subjects, I can't use the CTRL+F10 cheat in DosBox since CTRL+Function keys are reserved for DosBox functions. How can I work around that? Btw Keenan, as far as I recall, CTRL+F10 gives you godmode and just F10 weapons and ammo.

EDIT: Never mind, according to my guide ALT+F10 and CTRL+F10 work for god mode, I feel stupid never trying ALT for god mode. F10 revives you when you are dead and when you are alive it gives you weapons and ammo.

Ah, that answered another question I had regarding the cycling shortcut!

Yeah, I'm aware that the code needs re-entering every time you start the game fresh even from a save file but the message screen isn't even appearing when I type the jassica16 part in .... weird!

Make sure you type it "slow" so the game registers it. You can't type too fast, or it won't activate it.

Looks like I was typing it too slow! Works now!

Oh a similar subject whats the workaround for the fact god mode in No Regret requires Ctrl-F10? I've tried Alt-F10 but don't get the confirmation message about god mode and I know Ctrl-F10 controls the speed cycling.

Anyone managed to get it to work?

Well I dont think it will work in dosbox. But if you die in cheat mode you cann press F-10 and revive yourself. So no big problem there.

God mode saves you the trouble of frequently reviving in a desperate situation, e.g. some GL-303 armed Headquarters Elite readily aiming at you even if you are "terminated". Of course, we can't get really good gameplay experience by cheating. Better using none of them.

If someone badly need God mode in DOSBox, they may take some pain to modify the DOSBox key definition in the source code, then compile a custom version for themshelves.

You know, I bet the DOSBox community really wants the DOSBox team to add in re-mapped control like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they did do it!

Back