No Remorse All gadgets at the beginning

PanterLarry

Morning. In first level in first room is a way to warp into room where everything is available.
I've been wondering what it might be, since there is no easteregg room screenshot, i thauht that may be it. or training ground? Or something new. Can't say.
How to enter: in first room are 2 switches on eastern wall. one near healing booth, other below, near big gas tank.
I tried on/off switching until same telepad you entered came active. Using it places you in room with tables were absolutely everything is avail. there are two guards, not active. several teleports of whitch one warps you into the middle of level somewhere - can't recall exactly where but i try later to get screens of place. at least one switch can endlessly summon thermatrons, probably for target practice.
i found it amusing to get aquinted with all gadgets, but for game balance, it takes too much of edge out to use that possibility.
but than again, i like the idea that if you could re-route telepad by your own means - outside wizard's help i mean - and in that point he have not contacted yet - you COULD end up in some emergency stash hidden away, like for evacuation procedure or something. tho frozen guards ruin that impression.
so, on WHAT did  i stumble?

Well I didn't know about the switch method, but from your description that is definitely the easter egg room for the first level.  It can also be accessed using the -warp 1 -egg250 flags command line parameters when starting the game.

Interestingly, the room is different for each level in the game.  Many of the others are more balanced in the equipment that is available, and some produce graphical glitches - evidence that the designers probably just used them for testing purposes.

i blowed dust of my cd and tried warping into easteregg room. indeed, that's the same place. though i didn't know it's existance until i read it from this forum - i knew how to get into it as i described but not that's on every level and one can go there with codes. well, it was a way back too.
anyhow, it made me think of two things.
1 if ONE room have so-to-say legal door, so could the others.
2 those entry points could be also in the beginning of every level, to get there faster.

what about text messages in various computers in those egg-rooms, distraction?

and i'll put screenshots up tomorrow showing how it worked for me (earlier i said that switches make all the work but generators at the teleporter must be blown too)

also, crusaders miss one crucial feature, maps, so as inside the game and outside. there was mentioning in walkthru but it would be really useful if files were placed onto site like this one, for showing in which part wandering player found another secret-puzzle etc

screenshot file
http://naitused.ee/Test/crusader.jpg

Back